2/25/07 - Dive Report - Dive Haven

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DawgDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Pulled up to the gate at Dive haven at about 10:00am (i rode with flightlead to save my truck the trip :D), LoneFrogman had been waiting awhile, JDdiver had just pulled up, and one of the guys from dive haven pulled up right behind us to open the gate. The rain had pretty much moved out by then, it was just cloudy, but starting to clear up. We broke out the gear, and soon kylepreid and mikerault showed up as well.

Flightlead and myself were both diving single tanks and wetsuits, so we were in the water for a dive on the crane while the dry suit-doubles crowd was gearing up. Our first dive was a max depth of 49ft, water temperature was 46*, viz around the crane around 10-20ft. We took a heading of 332* out from the dock, checked out the crane, then took a heading of 150* back to the dock. Dive time was 31 minutes.

After coming back up (to find a beautiful sunny day awaiting us), the dry suit doubles gang was almost ready to dive. :14: Their plan depth was a little too much for me in my wetsuit for that day, so martin and I sat topside and warmed up a bit while the rest of the crew went down. I changed out tanks and got ready to go again. LoneFrogman and kylepreid surfaced almost as quickly as they had gone down, turns out Dave had a free-flowing regulator that wouldn't stop. He changed it out and the four of us went to check out the Van and the Boat.

Dive #2 was spent mostly playing around with the van, stirring up the silt and then coming up to 40ft to write our names in the algae on the bottom of the boat. Took a heading of 90* from the dock directly to the van. Finned around there for awhile, (kylepreid -the other "wet" diver - got cold and cut it short) then continued on, I started down deeper to 76ft before my buddy got cold and we came back up to 40. Dive time was 32minutes, max depth 76ft, viz was much better in this part of the quarry, probably 30-40ft.

We came up to find kylepreid sunning himself and drying out his wetsuit, and the other guys breaking down gear. Mike ault brought out the grill and we had some great brats, potato salad and chips. Most everyone took off after that, but Mikerault, flightlead and myself opted to do a third dive (2nd for mike who was diving doubles).

Dive #3 was much like dive #2, took a 90* heading to the van, and kind of just continued around the perimeter of the quarry till the first person ran low on air. It was about 4:00pm by then so the sunlight wasn't penetrating at depth as much, it was a bit darker. Dive time was 29 minutes, max depth 62ft.

All in all a very good day. Weather turned out to be great, we had a good turnout, i met some new people and had a great time. I'm sure i'll see all of yall again soon.

Great meeting and diving with everyone! Guys, I promise I'm working on my SAC (I think this is the only place I could get away with saying that ha ha!) so we don't have to turn around so quickly. Nice to know we could swim clear across the quarry without any visual reference and hit the bouy line dead on.

Great report! Enjoyed it! Look forward to more dives with everyone! Just wanted to give Kudo's to Susan, the onl;y wife that braved the weather and showed up for the Dive and DIne...

Back
Top Bottom