2/21 Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Patch Reef
F4.5, 1/60, Manual White Balance, No Strobe
Editing - PS7 & Helicon Noise Filter
1.jpg

Hawaiian Squirrelfish
F6.3, 1/100, External Strobe
Editing - PS7
2.jpg

Very nice cyberdive today - I like those squirrelfish.

Nice shots, Jim. It must have taken half a tank to get all those fish rounded up:)

Hi Jim, I continue to be amazed with your manual white balance shots....I re-read your tutorial on your website....any more tips?

I'm doing a dedicated shark photo trip for 9 days next month and want to try some strobeless shots with my D70

I've never shot without a strobe before, but you've convinced me that I need to give it a try

Karl

I really like the squirrel fish picture, what a splendidly colored fish, so bright. The depth of focus is awesome, I dont know how you do it, it makes my feel like my camera is defective. Good job and Thanks!

Like the Squirrelfish a lot.
Nice pics as usual.

kdietz:
Hi Jim, I continue to be amazed with your manual white balance shots....I re-read your tutorial on your website....any more tips?

I'm doing a dedicated shark photo trip for 9 days next month and want to try some strobeless shots with my D70

I've never shot without a strobe before, but you've convinced me that I need to give it a try

Karl

All I can say is to be sure and calibrate your manual white balance then process the photos in Photoshop or the like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom