2/10 Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Manta Ray
1.jpg

2.jpg

Gilligan, you give great reason to love and hate. But as had been said by other dive operators...you deserve it, you paid your dues.

You have amazing photography skills.

Very Pretty.

Where in Maui did you dive? I was there Jan 30-Feb 5. It rained for 3 days on Lana'i, so I didn't get to dive there. I did two dives at Ulua Beach, Two at 5 Caves, and one at Black Rock. I have video from Black Rock, but nothing earthshaking!
On my two dives at Ulua, I saw several turtles, a couple of decent-size turtles, and held a smallish octopus; at 5 Caves, I saw some reef sharks, another couple of turtles, and a 6-ft wingspan octopus. Lots of reef fish, and lots of nice corals (i love the micro as well as the macro life...).

While snorkeling at Airport beach, I came upon a large green seaturtle and a nice snowflake moray in the same hole not 20 feet from the shore.

I got some good footage of the snorkel trip, and the Black Rock trip, had to have repairs done while I did the other...turned out to be just a fresh water rinse for one day, and a battery recharge the other. Ah, well, the joys of technology...

I just noticed you live there...lucky dog...how do you afford it?
SeaYoda:
Very Pretty.

drtherc:
Where in Maui did you dive? I just noticed you live there...lucky dog...how do you afford it?

This dive was at 80 feet off Makena Landing.
I can afford living here because I bought my condo just before the prices went nuts.

That is awesome! I just love mantas. thanks

Beautifull!!!

Graceful elligance! Great shots, Jim! Thanks for sharing that dive with us.

Jet

Very nice pics. I always look forward to seeing them. I've visited Jim's place and it is a nice, but small condo. I would be afraid to ask what one goes for today. In the Melbourne, FL area, a condo like his, near the water, is about $450K - $500K. Bigger ones are a lot more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom