1st trip out with a camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

undersea Kat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This was my first attempt out with a camera. I would love to hear any comments :10: both pics were taken April 18th 2004 at Grahams wall in victoria the depth was 70ft. Thanks hope you like them. 2 good pics for my first round outs not so bad is it?

nice shots... pretty soon you will sell your car to buy a lens, though, so move closer to the beach now while you still can!

Not bad. Next time, try to get a bit closer and more on level with your subject. Anytime you shoot down onto a subject, the photos comes out looking really flat. There's 4 basic rules...

1. Get close
2. Get Closer
3. Get level if possible
4. GET CLOSER!

;D

Oh and one last tip...shoot 'til your fingers bleed, the 'film' is free! (if you're using digital)

Keep it up! There aren't enough photo geeks in Victoria. I've been looking for sea pens and haven't found any yet in Victoria, even at Clover Point, where there are supposed to be fields of thousands of them. I used to live and dive in Vancouver and sea pens are all over the place there. Oh well, we Victorians have more colourful walls. So there!

swankenstein:
Keep it up! There aren't enough photo geeks in Victoria. I've been looking for sea pens and haven't found any yet in Victoria, even at Clover Point, where there are supposed to be fields of thousands of them. I used to live and dive in Vancouver and sea pens are all over the place there. Oh well, we Victorians have more colourful walls. So there!

The photos were taken at Grahams wall, a dive I will definatly do again. Thanks for the encouragement. Grahams wall was my 12th dive since being certified so hey I'm happy and just looking for dive more buddies.
thanks again :wink:

H2Andy:
nice shots... pretty soon you will sell your car to buy a lens, though, so move closer to the beach now while you still can!
Hey I live in Victoria BC it doesn't matter where you live here your only 10 miniutes from water. which is great for us fish wanabes.

that's what they all say... ok... don't say i didn't try to warn you.

btw, do you have a newborn you can sell for spare o-rings? :wink:

alcina:
Another addict! Great to see your shots.

What camera did you use? Setting?

The camera was a shop rental. A sea&sea auto with auto flash. I'm just starting so I figured I would try one out. But hey I Can tell digital is the only way to go when you buy your own.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom