1st stage holder - what thread?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

padudle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello

I want to make a 1st stage holder that threads into the lp port of my regulator. The thread is close to 3/8 - 24 but not exactly. Does anyone know the what the thread on those ports is supposed to be?

What do you use to hold the 1st stage while you are working on it?

Pete

padudle:
Hello

I want to make a 1st stage holder that threads into the lp port of my regulator. The thread is close to 3/8 - 24 but not exactly. Does anyone know the what the thread on those ports is supposed to be?

What do you use to hold the 1st stage while you are working on it?

Pete

I usually just use a padded vise for balanced piston firsts. For an unbalanced piston style firsts I screw an old hose into one of the ports and put the hose end in the vise. I did find a std bolt that fit in the HP or LP port but was concerned about damaging the body of the reg if it was screwed in too far. I don't remember the sizes. I primarily use the vise when removing or installing the yoke nut which is relatively high torque. If you are not messing with the yoke/din connector, mounting the 1st on a tank results in a pretty steady work platform.

Back
Top Bottom