1st Regulator purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gregg_ca

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Purchasing my first kit and trying to decide on a reg. Have narrowed it down to the Aqualung Core LX Supreme or the Atomic Z2. Will be diving a combination of warm and cold water. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I'm an Atomic fan but for cold water use I'd probably pick the Core Supreme as being a diaphragm makes it inherently better in cold not to mention the heatsink and other added features they also include. Cold sealing a Z2 adds $40 to the initial price and something ($25-30 here) for the silicon grease at each service to maintain that.

Flipside is the Z2 has the two year 300 dive service interval. Aqualung also except I believe it's 100 dives. Also they require a annual inspection to keep the Free Parts for Life (assuming they do in Canada also) Check with your dealer but I doubt the inspection is free since they have to test it and probably break it down to inspect.

I don't know if it's still true but someone once posted here that a Core is an updated Titan but the service kits are interchangeable. That may matter more if you travel overseas to dive and need repairs on-site - Atomic dealers are a little thin in some areas.

hth,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom