16x9 4:3 525 60 mumbo jumbo....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marksm

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Anchored in Colorado...stationed in Florida
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
OK..so all this scan resolution mumbo jumbo....

I'm fortunate to be invited to present a film at the IWFF next month. All that sounds great except they need the video given to them in the following format:

"Digital Betacam, IMX Betacam or HDCAM in 525/60 widescreen anamorphic format with dual mono, stereo or Lt/Rt audio tracks on audio channels 1 and 2. Encoded audio tracks (Dolby E, DolbyAC-3, etc.) should be channels 3/4 or higher if present. Please make sure you label specific scan format, aspect ration, audio tracks, etc."

The audio I get, no problem. I even found a friend who will lend me a Digital Betacam deck. Cool. Now what the heck is "525/60 widescreen anamorphic format?" Now before you start typing...I found a page that really gets to the nuts and bolts of all of this and maybe it should be a sticky considering the transitional times we are all in.

A Quick Guide to Digital Video Resolution and Aspect Ratio Conversions

I'm never ashamed to say I don't know something rather than put my foot in my mouth even when it is something I should probably already know. If I ever want to make a living doing this craft, I'm going to have to admit my lack of knowledge more often than not. :)

OK let me see 8 lines of black on top and bottom...rectangle pixels anamorphic stretching to 16x9..uhuh..ok...
Mark

If I were you, I would PM PerroneFord. I think they work in post-video production and would probably be helpful in instructing you in what you you need.

Mumbo Jumbo! LOL!

Ok, lets see if we can't get this sorted for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom