12v Hookah Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was also kinda a bit of a challange. But all this is off topic.

Howard, I know you do lots of hardhat work as well as scuba. Have you done any Hookah diving? Just curious.

Hookah, Hardhat, FFM, Rebreathers, OC, you name it.

My answer, explaining that you can EASILY​ exhale is accurate. Don't take my word for it... ask ANYONE who dives a rebreather. It's done every day.

hookah.jpg

This is off e-Bay, and is in the price range of the OP's first post. From the text of the e-Bay description:
"Mask, snorkel with valve adapted as air regulator, nose clip and ear plugs

With this kit you will be swimming with the fishes!" (my underline for emphasis)

Given the low pressure differential, this my be the answer to a lot of questions. (HOW it works may raise a few more.)

That is essentially what Ive got. You breathe out through the mouth piece, the psi isnt high enough to interfere it just goes out the purge valve. I dont know if its technically a regulator but it works well.

That is essentially what Ive got. You breathe out through the mouth piece, the psi isnt high enough to interfere it just goes out the purge valve. I dont know if its technically a regulator but it works well.

Thanks.

Did the hose on the end try to twist the snorkel out of your mouth?

@DivingOverboard

It has been a while since your last post. Just wondering how you got on with your Hookah unit?

thanks

Niko

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom