12 stops to Palau???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the input! I have Lisa working on it now. I wanted to thank each of you but for some reason we are limited in how many thanks we can give:confused:Actually I thought about setting it up so I could have layovers in Yap and Truk for diving but... I am already taking 2 weeks in Palau plus travel time, dang, I'm self employed and my clients expect to be able to be able to reach me at least once in a while. My asst. is great but... She isn't me. Anyway the 6 months I would like to spend in the islands just isn't going to happen. I have to be happy with my 2 weeks. and I am :)

New schedule. L.A. Hawaii, Guam, Yap, Palau. I'm ok with that.

That looks alot better. Do you have a long layover in Hawaii? If I recall it was most of one day when I was looking.

Yes, I do spend a night and most of a day on Oahu. Any suggestions for hotel and activities? I thought about grabbing a car and heading over to hanama bay.

i have just joined the forum...looking for expert and helpful advice on planning a trip to the micronesian islands starting feb 2011...your post caught my attention and 'confession' made me laugh alot.....its exactly the sort of thing i would have done to me!....have you rearrange your plans?....and if so might i ask what they now are?

i am just at the start of planning my trip and am at basic level - trying to figure out if i can get to/from chuuk, palau, kosrae, guam , yap and pohnpei as i go along....i am lucky i have no time deadlines and ideally want to stay in each island at least two weeks.

Have you been before? are you travelling alone? any tips gratefully received.

many thanks and happy diving

sally

I have rearranged my schedule. Sounds like you have my initial itinerary. All the islands you list were on my initial flight plan so it should be easy to set up. Lisa with the Aggressor fixed my schedule.

To Honeybee:

Its not too hard to get around to all of the islands you mentioned out here. The diving is top notch as a whole here in this region. I have been to all the places you have mentioned except Kosrae and would be glad to answer specific questions if you want to PM me. I could recommend Dive Ops and locales.

In general the islands with the best diving (Chuuk, Yap, Pohnepei) are quite lacking in topside activities. Saipan and Guam offer a lot more nightlife and other things, but the diving, while very good, is not spectacular.

Palau should be your focus in my opinion. You could dive a new great dive site several times a day and not repeat it in two weeks, plus there is enough non diving stuff to do to keep you happy.

Regardless, keep a flexible itinerary is the best way to go if you have the time and money.

LOL...have not been on the board recently....farsidefan....where is your sense of adventure????...you would get to stop on Islands you had never been too before...LOL...LOL

:Dyeah Scott, I'm a wuss lol. like I said, if didn't have a business I would stay a week on each island, but...:depressed: 6 more yrs and I will just dive like you ;0

Jay you just gave me an idea for next year.....a week at each Island:D...see ya in a couple of months!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom