12/9/03 – 12/20/03 Cozumel Trip Report – LONG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I, too, was quite disappointed in Mexico en Los Siglos, especially considering the prices.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

this will be my first trip to cozumel. my wife is a first time diver and i would like to introduce the sport to her properly. We are looking for great diving of course but just as important we would like a luxury hotel or resort. we are not against all inclusive but we are not married to it either. Any suggestion you might have for our trip planning would be greatly appreciated.

thank you
deerboy

from a week at the VillaBlanca, diving with Dive Paradise.
I agree with Diver Kat and liked the VillaBlanca a lot, although I had to pay $10 a day for the room upgrade, probably because I was there in high season . Nancy and Julio were great.
My experience with Dive Paradise, which is right there next to Papa Hog's, was OK, although they tended to go to the same sites unless divers requested otherwise. I went with DP because of the package with 2-tank AM trips along with 1-tank PM trips.
Highlights were:

8 foot reef (?) shark lazing under a coral overhang.
Big manta.
Toadfish.
Lots of lobsters & crabs.
Dark, spooky swin-throughs at Palancar caves.

Best meals:

Primera
Sabores (thanks Doc Vindigo!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom