12-40 Dome port possibility for OMD housings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's worse than a hassle - you can put it together, but you literally cannot take it apart; people have gotten stuck that way, since there is no easy way to push the lens release button on the camera while it's in the housing. You have to get a thin, long and stiff piece of metal, bend it in just the right way and use it to reach around the camera body and hunt around blindly for the lens release button.
OMG. Not fun at all!

It's worse than a hassle - you can put it together, but you literally cannot take it apart; people have gotten stuck that way, since there is no easy way to push the lens release button on the camera while it's in the housing. You have to get a thin, long and stiff piece of metal, bend it in just the right way and use it to reach around the camera body and hunt around blindly for the lens release button.
Yikes! The Nauticam housings have lens-release buttons.

Yikes! The Nauticam housings have lens-release buttons.
So do the newer AOI ones, but the older AOI and Olympus housings lack them. Notably, AOI have two versions of the E-PL10 housing - the older one, that Backscatter have been marketing for a few years now, can mount the PEN to OMD port adapter but doesn't have a lens release button, so it's a trap for the unwary. The newer version fixes this shortcoming.

View attachment 368351 View attachment 368352Here you go- the dive is at 12mm and f2.8, the clam siphon is at 40mm and f3.5. Both are OOC jpegs so you can get a since of what the corners look like. Viz when I took the clam shot was probably around 4', so you'll have to excuse the backscatter :)
Can you please post a picture of the housing with the flat port you are using in this configuration? I understand you need the extension but which flat port? Thanks

I sold the flat port, and don't have any pics of it on the housing. But, I have some info in this thread:
...and there's one shot of the port. No extensions were needed with the 12-40, just the adapter to go from 4/3 ports to OMD ports. Unless you have one, you're much better off with a dome port IMHO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom