12/3/11 Sumilon Island pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
site.png

This was a 3 tank dive trip by banca boat from Alona Beach, Bohol to Sumilon Island, Cebu

clown.JPG

eel.JPG

On the third dive with strong current we passed over a large area with several 10 to 15 foot diameter saucer like depressions in the sandy bottom. Swimming above the depressions were pairs of largeTrigger Fish. Unlike Titan Triggers these did not attack but were agitated at our presence. No doubt they were mated pairs and the males were guarding eggs.
trigger.JPG

coral2.JPG

Tasseled Scorpionfish waiting for its next victim.
scorpion.JPG

Hawkfish blending in with a sponge
hawk.JPG

jacks.JPG

sponge.JPG

Sumilon Island, Cebu
sumilon.JPG

coral1.JPG

cudas.JPG

The boat ride back to Alona Beach
sunset.JPG

How much did it cost, Jim?
The dive rates were whatever each guest or non-guest pay for their dives or room/dive package. No additional dive costs. Extra charges were for fuel and that was based on the number of passengers. I believe it came out to 750 Pesos. There was a 200 Pesos sanctuary fee. There may also have been a 200 Pesos camera fee the boatman told my gf about. I have to verify that. Two employees from the Municipality of Oslob came aboard to collect the fees while we were diving. It was about a 2 hour boat ride each way.

Thanks, great pics as always.

That looks beautiful and it was quite a ride, I know I would have enjoyed a trip like that. Thanks for sharing the photos

The dive rates were whatever each guest or non-guest pay for their dives or room/dive package. No additional dive costs. Extra charges were for fuel and that was based on the number of passengers. I believe it came out to 750 Pesos. There was a 200 Pesos sanctuary fee. There may also have been a 200 Pesos camera fee the boatman told my gf about. I have to verify that. Two employees from the Municipality of Oslob came aboard to collect the fees while we were diving. It was about a 2 hour boat ride each way.

What does this mean in US dollars ?

Back
Top Bottom