12-23 Monterey Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Back in the water again! Lousy vis, murky water-lost my buddy (wife) for the first time in almost 200 dives together. Shooting a shrimp and she was gone when I looked up. Got a few OK pics though. Hopkins Deep and Shale Island.

Noble Sea Lemon
PC230059-01pssm.jpg

Another Lemon and a couple of neighbors
PC230034-01pssm.jpg

????
PC230017-01cropsm.jpg

Two very friendly nudies and a star
PC230015-01pssm.jpg

This Hermit is not alone. (look behind)
PC230013-01sm.jpg

Nice stuff as usual Larry. The third photo is a chestnut cowry. Assume your wife was found and is well :)
++Ken++

Thanks Ken and Jeff, and thanks for the ID, Ken. Yeah, she's fine. She does the navigating while I lose myself playing camera. I did the lost diver drill. Hung and turned for three minutes, did a pattern and then surfaced safely after only shooting a few more pics on the way. She found the anchor, waited there about 5 minutes and came up to meet the rest of us at the surface.

Thanks, Jim. Love your cartoons! Looks like Santa needs a shovel for X-mas. Happy Holidays all. May you all find new gear under the tree and great diving for the New Year.:D

I love the nudis as well. We don't get many here in Florida.

Glad you found your wife!!! Unlike yours, mine tends to wander off sometimes. My kids and I even have developed a hand signal for "Where's Mom?" :)

Thanks, Mike and Doug. I really enjoy the plethora of slugs we have here. I guess what we give up in water temp and visibility, we gain in sheer volume of life per square inch. Not that I wouldn't love to try the Keys and the South Pacific (notwithstanding the 45 hour each way flight times to Bali and Yap!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom