11 y/o Surfaces with Convulsions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't teach kids younger than 16 years old anymore.

If you don't trust them to drive your most expensive car, you can't trust them to dive...

You trust 16 year old kids with and expensive cars?

You trust 16 year old kids with and expensive cars?

Nope, not most adults too. And I am talking about MY most expensive car, not yours :)

I didn't notice the big time-jump in this thread and I must have missed it when it was fresh news....was there ever an update? I spent some time digging through the Rochester MN (where the family was from) newspaper's site and didn't find any mentions.

I suspect AGE as the most likely cause...people often overlook that from the surface to 33fsw is the only time you experience a doubling of atmospheric pressure. He was about 3/4 of the way there. But, I don't fully discount the CO risk. A young kid could have been given a smaller tank than the rest of the family....you know the one...from the back corner of the tank pile in a dusty corner of the shop....nobody remembers when it was filled, but the gauge says it's full so all good!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom