10bar housings for D70 and SB800

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ukmidlands

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone has used these housings, I have a Nikon D70 and SB800 speedflash, and these two housing together with a sync cord cost around $1600 total. Any opinions or comments (good or bad) would be welcome before I continue to work on pursuading the other half! I have a photo of both housings together, but for some reason cannot attach it to this message. The camera housing details are here:

http://www.10bar.com/hous-D70.htm

It seems to be supplied with a port for the 18-70mm kit lens too (fixed at 18mm).

Thanks for your input!

Have not seen one. Hadn't even heard of one until a few months ago. This tells me they have a short track record by comparison to the rest of the housings.

BTW, what holds the back door closed? Magic?

All the best, James

fdog:
Have not seen one. Hadn't even heard of one until a few months ago. This tells me they have a short track record by comparison to the rest of the housings.

BTW, what holds the back door closed? Magic?

All the best, James
Apparently, the back door sort of snaps on then you pump air out using some sort of purge valve which creates a vacuum and holds it in place ! (?)

ukmidlands:
Apparently, the back door sort of snaps on then you pump air out using some sort of purge valve which creates a vacuum and holds it in place ! (?)
Wowsers! Time will tell how well it works, I'll be interested to see.

All the best, James

10bar has been around for a while. Based in HK actually. All their housing is tested to 10bar pressure (hence the name). Been waiting for their D70 housing for the last 7months (since I found out from them that they were making one). Gd thing is that they are based here so servicing for me is easy. Will be going down to their shop to take a look at the housing. Will keep u guys posted on it.

Back
Top Bottom