10Bar Housing- need help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Evie G

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Panasonic Lumix ZS3 cam & Im happy to find another option for underwater casing aside from an OEM case.

I like the 10Bar feature of aluminum body, double O-rings, compact body & option for add-on lenses.

But alas, from the very first, the paints keeps on chipping-off. It was returned & refinished. Came back to me after a long wait of two months, but still the same problem continued & to a greater degree. Each & every time I remove the back cover, paints will literally peel-off in large strips!

Im very careful with preparation of the case before diving. Seeing to it that everything is clean. And when Im about to bring the case down during dives, I will see a strip of paint lodged between the O-rings! This happened many many times on the outer & inner O-rings.

During some dives, Im half-way down when i noticed a drop of water seeping-in. Ill abort the dive. Then back in my room, when i open the case, the culprit was, again, peeled-off paints.

If a small grain of sand or a thin strand of hair can cause flooding. How much more, huge strips of peeled-off paints which will lend uneven surfaces?

Aside from the paint issue, one more huge concern is the knobs getting stuck all the time! I lost a lot of good pictures & videos opportunities because of these.
They wont function after I close the lid. & sometimes they will, Ill bring it down on a dive, & they will get stuck middle of the dives. Sooo frustrated with it!

Anyone encountered same issues as mine?

Seems like d issues are only w/ ZS3 housing. Another friend has the 10Bar for his LX3, & its working perfectly!

Anyone else have same prob as mine?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom