$100 for a download usb cable?......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got an Aeris Manta that I'd like to be able to download, but it's the same situation for the cable (probably the exact same cable), and it's just not worth it. Even a used one is $60+, and I'd rather put that toward something more useful.

When i took my OW my friends told me i'd only need the dive com for checking my depth and safety stop. I bought the D4i black, no usb because its cheap. When i started logging there's this satan inside me calling out for a usb, and the price was ridiculous! Since i only dive at most once a month, it was cheaper to borrow. After all, id just be using it for a couple of secs. Doesnt justify buying.

Just bought a new to me Sherwood Wisdom 3.
Will work perfectly for how I currently dive.

--Rant mode on--

Looking around for download usb cable SDK400.
$95 to $100 delivered...Really?..........

Go wireless .... --> DCbuddy - Pelagic V

Go wireless .... --> DCbuddy - Pelagic V

How is an $80 gadget that has terrible reviews a reasonable solution over the always-works $90 cable? It's also a stretch to call it "wireless" when you still have to plug the thing into the dive computer.

Suunto Zoop cable is also $100 so it is across the spectrum of cheap dive computers. :)

Esoteric cables and batteries are something I now make part of my decision process in gear selection. If the engineers and marketing people want to be asses, I'm going to not buy their stupid product.....ever. Let it be known at the cash register.
Most people don't even think about that until later. Make it part of the decision process. Let the manufacturers know it's NOT OK. If we buy it, they'll keep sticking it to us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom