10 DRYSUIT ZIPPER TESTERS NEEDED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well TiZip has a new hydrolysis proof zipper that they are looking to break out into the dive world.
What does this mean? Well, the issues they had on their last zipper, were due to delamination from humidity and a few other factors. This new one is delamintion proof, and it's ready for additional real world testing from people like you.

We brought this idea to them, and they are now fully onboard! As a manufacturer of a component in a drysuit, it's hard for them to get to the consumer about their product and changes that are coming/going. It's also different with real world testing with people that know how to put a product thru it's paces, and dive a LOT. So, one way we came up with, is to get a 10 divers to send us their drysuit, and we will install one of the new Zippers at NO CHARGE into their suit.

Some guidelines if accepted:
You must have a drysuit
You must be able to dive 4 or more times per week
You must provide feedback monthly on the zipper for 1 year. Form to be completed will be supplied.
You will pay shipping to and from DRIS for this offer.
Zipper will be Free via TiZip, and we worked out a deal with them to do the labor for Free also.
You will be asked to provide feedback publicly when the product is released and be an advocate of it with your experience.

If you're interested, email me at mike@diverightinscuba.com ASAP

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 77
I thought I was lucky to get in the water once a week! 4 times would be awesome but impractical unless you are a commercial diver or some other professional. Hope this zipper is an improvement!

I thought you said in another thread that the current version of the TiZip fixed the delamination problem that the original TiZip suffered from? This new one would, if the tests go well, replace the current one that doesn't have the problem?

It can't go on a Fusion due to the bend...has to be metal :(

Yes, TiZip has fixed the delam issue on current zips, and is still doing additional improvements.

How about pinnacle black ice suit?

Back
Top Bottom