10 Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beth_castroll

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We are just home from 10 Dives and oh ya, Cozumel too.
The diving was excellent. Coral was more colorful then I've seen and some of the largest examples of species to date.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sre...70273&authkey=Gv1sRgCM3zwZWExdvlUg&feat=email

We dove with Scuba Mau and rented a nice little apartment from the woman who owns Tamarindo B&B in the Chorpus Christi neighborhood, both of which I would recommend. We could walk to the shop, 1.8k, but most days took a cab there for 40 pesos and got a ride back from Mau or walk depending on energy level. We were also close to the Chedrui and shopped there daily. The Carnival Parade started from and returned to the Chedrui so it was fun to walk around and see the floats before the big shebang as well as being so close to the tacos on the Municipal Square. 10 Pesos per El Pastor Taco...YUM

Thanks ScubaBoard for the pre-search! We'll be back diving in Cozumel for sure.

Glad to hear you had a great time. I have always loved diving Coz. I was there last month and saw some of the biggest examples of lobster, puffers, and grouper I have ever seen.

Really nice. Glad to see you got to see a variety. I have 2 dives in at Cozumel & 2 at Costa Maya back in January, and it was good times! I see you saw a nurse shark; I still haven't seen a wild shark yet.

Richard.

Nice pics, it sure was busy around the shop wasnt it. Glad your time was great.

Great photos! Thanks for sharing. Do you remember which reefs you dove? I'll be diving Coz for the first time and I'd like to be able to take some nice pix in relatively light currents. Any suggestions based on the reefs you dove?

Great photos! Thanks for sharing. Do you remember which reefs you dove? I'll be diving Coz for the first time and I'd like to be able to take some nice pix in relatively light currents. Any suggestions based on the reefs you dove?
When your on the boat chat with the other divers on board and see if they would not mind going to a shallower reef. Maybe there will be new divers onboard that have to stay shallow. There are many reefs that will fit the bill nicely. One of my favourite none current dive is Chankannab Bolones. Huge coral mounds dotted all over the area. The submarine goes weaving through them. Sometimes the current is noticeable but usually very light. There are many more.

We dove:
3/4/11
Palancar Horseshoe 92 feet-39 min
Paso del Cedral 66 feet-40 min 5 turtles
air hog blues
3/5
Palancar Gardens 79 feet 45 min great formations
Delilah 69 feet 46 minutes lots of crab and nurse shark
3/6
Santa Rosa Wall 87 feet 37 minutes Eagle Ray
yucab reef 52 feet 53 minutes
3/8
Paso del Cedral Wall 64 feet 53 minutes
San Clemente 39 feet 61 minutes This is where we saw Jabba the Morey EEl
3/9
Santa Rosa Wall 76 feet 41 minutes Nurse Shark and Yellow Sting Ray
Paradise Reef 45 feet for 53 minutes Several Flamingo Tongue and Christmas Tree Worms

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom