1 week diving and relaxing in the sun: Canary Islands or Cape Verde?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dutchgirl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, me and my boyfriend would like to go end of June or beginning of July for 1 week of seeing the sun and making some dives (max. 3 days of diving). We are thinking about either Canary Islands or Cape Verde. What are your experiences with these destinations and which would you recommend?

Hi, me and my boyfriend would like to go end of June or beginning of July for 1 week of seeing the sun and making some dives (max. 3 days of diving). We are thinking about either Canary Islands or Cape Verde. What are your experiences with these destinations and which would you recommend?

Hi Dutchgirl,

Canary Islands or Cape Verde, nice but cold water... Brrr...

Why don't jump on a flight and come to Zanzibar? Magical diving, cheap flights (KQ, KLM and Precision Air combined you'll get an excellent deal), tropical water and an island charged historically!

Let me know, I might be able to help you out...

Greetings,

Max

I have dived both in Gran Canaria/Tenerife and in Sal, Cape Verde. I enjoyed both places and think they are kind of similar.
But I think Cape Verde is better. It was much more fish there. I allso liked Sal because it was not overcrowded with tourists.

Morten

Some years ago, I dived in Tenerife, Gran Canaria and Lanzarote. Sorry, I don't know Cape Verde. I'd advise Tenerife or Lanzarote, lots of excursions to do if you don't want to dive every day. Water is around 18°C all year long. In Teneriffe, it's possible to swim with pilot whales : awesome !

Back
Top Bottom