09/26-29 Diving in Puget Sound???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kittycat

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Everyone:

My bf and I are heading up to Seattle this weekend. I'll be there for business on my bday, so the company was nice enough to take care of me the weekend before so we could get dives in on both weekend days. We did a little research and discovered Puget Sound is amazing!!! We recently became PADI certified and just absolutely LOVE it! We've been going every weekend and it's just become such an addicting lifestyle.

I found an AWESOME dive map and it's just so great, I can't narrow down my choices!!! Our hotel will be near Seattle airport. I was speaking with one of my customers and he had mentioned Redondo and one other... I was thinking Three Tree Point but I'm just basing it off of things I've read online. Any suggestions??? How's the weather and water climate lately? I am a little worried since it will be the coldest I've ever dived in.

...(beautiful map of dive locations in Puget, but I can't post a link until I've made 5 posts... grr.... soOOooo >>> copy and paste into ur browser. "experiencewa.com/plan-a-trip/printed-guides-and-maps/scuba-dive-map.pdf"

Thanks~!

Cat ^_^

kittycat, welcome to Puget Sound! You are right; we have fantastic diving here. The water will be a little colder than you're used to -- last weekend, the water was about 53 degrees -- but a 7 mil wetsuit with a 7 mil core warmer works pretty well. (Or, of course, a drysuit!)

I'm unfortunately out of town this weekend, but you might consider posting on our little local board, nwdiveclub.com, to see if you can hook up with some local divers for a tour or two. You have actually come on a VERY good weekend for afternoon tides, and you might get a chance to do much better sites than Redondo (which is an awesome night dive, but not always that good in the daytime) or Three Tree, if you hook up with a good guide. I'd recommend, for example, Titlow Marine Reserve (a bit of a drive, but worth it!) in the afternoon. But you need a guide there to ensure you don't run into current, and to get you to the best critter-watching spots.

Yes and I will be with her.

Our main goals are to hopefully see some wolf eels and God willing, a Giant Octopus!

What are the best spots not too far from the airport for that?

Back
Top Bottom