08 Sept - finally some dives! Ningaloo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All those who feel sorry for Alcina having the fish come too close (or that she was wishing she was using another lens) raise your hands... :D

BurBunny:
All those who feel sorry for Alcina having the fish come too close (or that she was wishing she was using another lens) raise your hands... :D
:D:D

My hands are stapled to my side :D :D

You think there's a problem here?
Who says you have to have the whole fish?

I guess I'm kind of a rebel when it comes to the "rules" of composition. If I like it, it's fine. Angles and thirds and the such like are nice guides but you can still have nice pics that bend and even break the rules. The only reason they are not "perfect" is that you were looking for something else. Your shots here are fine, be proud!

alcina:
Pffft! No sympathy for me, how rude :wink:!

Another cleaning shot:
clnrhccod1.jpg

Awesome, alcina!

alcina:
? Now you've gone and confused me! I don't know what you're talking about the sharpness? Both the 100mm and 60mm are admirable in their abilities. Help a poor blonde out :)

I'm whining about being so close to the cleaning action (which is why I took the 100 instead of the 60 - so I wouldn't interfere and spook the cleaning action) that I couldn't get the whole fish...or even the whole fish head & at times not even the whole cleaner :D Of course, I could have backed away more and more and more (for some reason my port was mighty attractive today) but the golden rule is "water in front of the lens is bad - get closer!"

This shot would have been so much nicer with more fish in it instead of cut off like he is - and the 60mm would have been perfect.

More coming...

settings (ymWv) - ISO 100; f10; 1/100
I thought you miss the 60mm cuz it is sharper than the 100mm...sorry, now I know why:)

alcina:
caloy - I don't think the 60mm is sharper than the 100mm, sorry if I confused you or anyone!

Okie, another view of cleaning action...

clnringillback.jpg

Very, very nice.........
Your pics look nicer out of the camera than they do out of my own eyes....

Hmmm, maybe I need to clean my mask more often :14:.

Beautiful pics, Alcina. Especially like the last one with the ENT view. Nice to see that dental care is as important underwater as it is topside!

Back
Top Bottom