02 April Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Had to do a quick one today - weather was just too nice! Viz is a bit better, but there is a tremendous amount of food and now the beautiful clear jellies have come in...some with little fishes inside. I haven't looked at those yet, but as we were in a big hurry I am not expecting much as I just shot a couple of frames...

We get lots of these Stars & Stripes Puffers. The first one was just snoozing on the sand - he was there at the beginning and the end of my dive. Hadn't moved. Couldn't get him to swivel both eyes to the very front at the same time, though! The second one is always under this ledge filled with these Ringtailed Cardinalfish. Getting his eye with all of them in the way is a trick!

Big yellow boxfish...very non-cooperative. One shot to check my exposure (too dark) and this one. That was it, he was gone!

Enjoy :)
More later...

Glad to see you're getting back in the water again and getting some purdy nice pictures to boot!

Pretty pretty fishes is what it is all about!

Next time I want to try to drop down over the ledge where the guy in pic 2 lives to see if I can't sneak up on him and get a more frontal shot....

Neat pics. You sure that Puffer wasn't in a coma? I can't get that close to the ones here.

Back
Top Bottom