Trip Report 4K Video "RAJA AMPAT DIVE SITES - MIOSKON REEF, INDONESIA"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laval

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Please watch my latest video Raja Ampat - The Last Paradise, Episode 4, which brings you to the Mioskon Reef - a scenic reef, which is located about 17 min from the Sorido Bay Resort's jetty at Dampier Strait in West Papua, Indonesia.

It is an easy dive site, where you could expect to see clusters of a variety of hard and soft corals, sponges and tunicates that build a sea garden of colours and marine diversity. Very fishy site with schools of Yellow Snapper, Napoleon Wrasse, big groupers and many Wobbegong sharks, walking sharks, Pigmy seahorse, nudibranch, sponge crabs, harlequin shrimps, and many more.

Please watch my latest video Raja Ampat - The Last Paradise, Episode 4, which brings you to the Mioskon Reef - a scenic reef, which is located about 17 min from the Sorido Bay Resort's jetty at Dampier Strait in West Papua, Indonesia.

It is an easy dive site, where you could expect to see clusters of a variety of hard and soft corals, sponges and tunicates that build a sea garden of colours and marine diversity. Very fishy site with schools of Yellow Snapper, Napoleon Wrasse, big groupers and many Wobbegong sharks, walking sharks, Pigmy seahorse, nudibranch, sponge crabs, harlequin shrimps, and many more.

Nice shots!

You mention Harlequin shrimp & Walking Sharks. I may have missed seeing them in the video.

Nice shots!

You mention Harlequin shrimp & Walking Sharks. I may have missed seeing them in the video.
Thank you for watching and paying attention:) That was a general description of the site of course, but when I will be able to travel again, I will definitely get some footage of Harlequin shrimp and walking sharks.

Nice job color grading the video and also the editing and info panel to the right was a great touch! What camera lens, filters and editing software did you use?

Nice job color grading the video and also the editing and info panel to the right was a great touch! What camera lens, filters and editing software did you use?
Thank you for your comments, Pearlman. You could see a detailed description of my equipment in Description to video in YouTube, but in short, for editing I am using FCPX. Most of footage in that video I shot with Sony NX80 camcorder in 2020, but there are a few clips of Wobegong shark (i.e. with a photographer, etc) that I shot with Sony A7rii with a fisheye lens during my previous trip.

For small staff, I mostly rely on my dive guides:)
I have been told on few occasions that some guides kept the Harlequin shrimp as pet! They hided them and fed them with severed leg of starfish.

Back
Top Bottom