Anyone have an opinion on the Backscatter shootout?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you tell us more about the LOB photography trips? I don't remember seeing those anywhere. We were looking at the backscatter trip to Anilao in March, but the Philippines is still closed (AFAIK) and the flights are getting more and more expensive. Ugh.
Bluewater Photo also does LOB photography trips. I know they go to the Sea of Cortez on the Rocio del Mar a couple times a year. I've never done one but I have done the SoC on the Rocio and it is definitely a good place to get a variety of photo ops.

Bluewater Photo also does LOB photography trips. I know they go to the Sea of Cortez on the Rocio del Mar a couple times a year. I've never done one but I have done the SoC on the Rocio and it is definitely a good place to get a variety of photo ops.
SoC doesn't really appeal to me because I don't want to risk needing more neoprene (frankly, Anilao will be cooler than I like, but the hubby really wants to do it!) and I want to stay more shallow. But I'll take a look and see what else they have. Thanks.

SoC doesn't really appeal to me because I don't want to risk needing more neoprene (frankly, Anilao will be cooler than I like, but the hubby really wants to do it!) and I want to stay more shallow. But I'll take a look and see what else they have. Thanks.
I just did SoC in October and most days I was in shorts and a Lavacore vest. Even in the Midriff Islands a 3mm is perfect, especially later in the season when the water is warmest. I did the Midriff Islands in July of 2020, and I took my 5mm because that was what was recommended but I felt like it was too much. Depth wise, I would say was on average of 50-60 feet. There were a couple of 70's and a 102' but that was just because I wanted to go that deep. The SoC offers a lot for photographers, from macro to wide angle but the real gem is diving with the sea lions. It's an experience you won't forget.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom