The Great Helium Hunt of 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I remember paying $95 a T and selling it at .50 a cubic foot.

I remember going to Praxair and getting quoted $100 or so. I replied, "Airgas sells it to me for $80," and they would say, "Ok we can do that." LOL. The good old days.

I am glad I am not in the game these days.

Perhaps it is going to become more economical for you to use some of your extra scuba cash on a small storage unit in your vicinity or on the way out of town.

You mean to mix my own? I’m not there yet and I don’t know if I ever would be.

You mean to mix my own? I’m not there yet and I don’t know if I ever would be.

Just to store your tanks

Just to store your tanks

Why would I do that? 85s live in my SUV. Having to make extra trips isn’t my idea of fun. I’ll just have to pull my deco bottle with 100% out of the car into my place so it’s not sitting in a hot car.

AN/Helitrox starts in a couple of weeks. It’s going to be an adventure getting helium, so I decided to have some fun with it.

Does anyone in the MD, VA, PA, DC area know what a T bottle of He sells for through Airgas or the equivalent? (or if you can even get it?)

I'm not there yet, just curious.

Thanks.
I am south of Atlanta, no not quite the same region. NexAir is showing $392.50 for a T cylinder - HELIUM ( ULTRA HIGH PURITY) 99.999.

I am south of Atlanta, no not quite the same region. NexAir is showing $392.50 for a T cylinder - HELIUM ( ULTRA HIGH PURITY) 99.999.

I think I read T bottle holds ~ 290cf, so that's about $1.35 / cf if you could squeeze every last drop out. Is that correct?

I think I read T bottle holds ~ 290cf, so that's about $1.35 / cf if you could squeeze every last drop out. Is that correct?
Yes

But unless you have a CB compressor, you can’t get every last “drop”.

Cave Country Dive Shop in High Springs is selling helium for $1.92-- It may be 10/70 - I am not sure.

It probably is, I seem to remember 21/35 coming out to about $1.20 a cuft.

For those that don't know 21/35 is created by mixing 10/70 and 32% at a 1:1 ratio. 18/45 is 2:1 10/70 to 32%. IIRC 30/30 is 1:2, though don't quote me on that.

Yes

But unless you have a CB compressor, you can’t get every last “drop”.

I don't know what CB stands for but I'm assuming you mean a booster yeah?

It probably is, I seem to remember 21/35 coming out to about $1.20 a cuft.

For those that don't know 21/35 is created by mixing 10/70 and 32% at a 1:1 ratio. 18/45 is 2:1 10/70 to 32%. IIRC 30/30 is 1:2, though don't quote me on that.

I for one did not know, so thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom