Synthetic grease for Scubapro 1st stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay. Grease, I can get. Syringes as well. It won't be in the water until next weekend, so I'll try and inject some more grease, and soak it afterwards.

The video makes packing with grease appear fairly simple with the right tools.

The video makes packing with grease appear fairly simple with the right tools.

It is. Make sure the IP is where you want it before you begin packing. Just for you, because you're from my home state (and I wanted to do it anyway) I packed a MK10 (same body as a MK9) and took pictures.

First pic shows how much grease exudes after a full pack then pressurized.
Second pictures shows the proper grease level.
Third shows a boot installed and the reg pressurized.
Fourth the reg is un-pressurized-note the boot has deflated a bit.

Keep plenty of alcohol soaked paper towels handy to wipe your hands and a container to put the extra grease that oozes out.

Thanks to my friends who sent me the excellent boot and custom saddle. I'll only post their names with their permission.
IMG_1704.JPG
IMG_1703.JPG
IMG_1705.JPG
IMG_1707.JPG

I added a custom boot to the old Cressi I was playing with. Electrical tape with a pin hole at each ambient chamber hole. And no I'm not diving it - just using it to fill car tires - but I'm tempted to.

Attachments

• elect tape boot.jpg
    elect tape boot.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 52
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom