Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We're booked for the last week of July...just got notification from Delta on some minor time changes on our flights so the flights are still on the board.....

Still waiting. Pushed my May 20 trip after a couple of other rescheduling dates to May 22.

Yes, the virus situation is Bonaire is looking good.
upload_2021-5-1_20-4-35.png

The vaccinations are also looking good, but they are beginning to run into the resistance of those who do not want to be vaccinated.
their stated goal was 85% (about 16k people) fully vaccinated by June 1. It does not seem they will quite make that target.
upload_2021-5-1_20-9-50.png

The entry requirements in terms of testing are still daunting, but there are hopes for that to be relaxed by June. Also, the EU is talking about allowing fully vaccinated tourists to cross borders, and that would include the islands.

Meanwhile, an antigen or PCR test is still required to get back into the US. That is available on Bonaire, but is not cheap.

DL still says they will start flying June 5, United Nov 6, and American still has May 8 (Sat) and then Weds and Sat after that on it schedule. The AA pattern, if they were to cancel May flights, would be to do it over this weekend....so we should know soon!

Just added at 2219EDT/May 1: AA appears to have just cancelled ALL their May flights MIA-BON. Starting again June 5, same as Delta.

On the way back from BON via CUR...waiting in CUR for AA to MIA. Trip was great, the island was great as always, only less people which is ok in my book. Folks were clearly hurting for the turo bucks, but there was a sense in my conversations from folks that things were at an inflection point for the better. The logistics to get here were trickier than normal, but well worth it. Getting tested in CUR from MIA on the way to BON was the easiest part and should not hold anyone back. Also, testing on BON for the return trip was also a breeze.

You mentioned the test in Bonaire to leave for the states was "not cheap"

Can you tell us how much it was ?

Yes, the virus situation is Bonaire is looking good.
View attachment 656629

The vaccinations are also looking good, but they are beginning to run into the resistance of those who do not want to be vaccinated.
their stated goal was 85% (about 16k people) fully vaccinated by June 1. It does not seem they will quite make that target.
View attachment 656631

The entry requirements in terms of testing are still daunting, but there are hopes for that to be relaxed by June. Also, the EU is talking about allowing fully vaccinated tourists to cross borders, and that would include the islands.

Meanwhile, an antigen or PCR test is still required to get back into the US. That is available on Bonaire, but is not cheap.

DL still says they will start flying June 5, United Nov 6, and American still has May 8 (Sat) and then Weds and Sat after that on it schedule. The AA pattern, if they were to cancel May flights, would be to do it over this weekend....so we should know soon!

Just added at 2219EDT/May 1: AA appears to have just cancelled ALL their May flights MIA-BON. Starting again June 5, same as Delta.

You mentioned the test in Bonaire to leave for the states was "not cheap"t

Can you tell us how much it was ?
The price I've seen is $125.

The price I've seen is $125.

FYI.... my test out of Cozumel last month was $40 US
The Bonaire testing by BonBida or by Hestia is $125 for a PCR (ID Now NAAT) test, $65 for an antigen test. All you need to get back into the US is the antigen test.

The Bonaire testing by BonBida or by Hestia is $125 for a PCR (ID Now NAAT) test, $65 for an antigen test. All you need to get back into the US is the antigen test.

Pardon my ignorance but where do we get the test done in Bonaire before departing? Is it at the airport or a local clinic?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom