Diverite 905 Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RMcIntosh

Registered
Reaction score
Anybody had any experience with the 905 Drysuit. Looking at a 2017 model with 10 dives on it and a back zip

Anybody had any experience with the 905 Drysuit. Looking at a 2017 model with 10 dives on it and a back zip
Hi,

I have had one for about 50 dives.
Zipper started leaking from the closing end after 20-30 dives. Had it replaced under warranty - after 10-20 dives the zipper leaks at the same location.
This time will have LDS replace it with a metal zip.

Cleaned (just running water) and lubricated after each dive with supplied tizip lubrication. Cleaned thorougly after 5 or so dives.

Other than the zipper, it's a good suit. Maybe a bit baggy.

Hello,

I have had 905 polarsuit (same as branded 905 diverite) factory is actually 20km from my place. I used it for 10 years. So drysuit is really bare bones simple variant. Trilaminate is really flexible. Seals are good and siteck valves also work great. Craftsmanship was really good, it never leaked on my 200+ dives. It's cheaper compared to ursuit suit (other finish brand)
The bad: cut is really not that good, it's cut too wide on shins and in torso area. My dive partner had Same problem. Especially shoulders are too wide. This cause air to shift fast inside suit and makes hard to exhaust gas out. Pockets were bit too small.

So I would only get this suit if you strapped for money, my ursuit drysuit balances much better and feels better. Also pockets are much better. Check out the British brand seaskin drysuit if you want cheap one they get good reviews and look much better than diverite one.

I don't recall what fabric they were using in 2017. They tried a fabric for a while that was great for warm water, but it did have some pinhole leakage problems and in cold water it wouldn't be ideal. The goal was a fabric that let sweat out but didn't let water in, and that utopia is still a ways a way from us.

Plastic zippers are a love or hate deal. Some love them, some hate them. The people that destroy metal zippers faster tend to love plastic, and vice versa. The metal zippers are probably generally stronger and longer lasting when cared for properly, but I think plastic are fine if you keep them clean.

I thought that the back zips from 2017 were metal zipper, so just confirm it's not the super breathable fabric, and if so, I'd say buy it. If it's the super breathable fabric, only buy it if you are doing warmer water dives and you get an amazing deal on the suit.

The older dive rite suits are nearly indestructible fabric. The RF welded seams do fail after many years, say 5-10, but if you use Aquaseal on the seams, the fabric itself is bulletproof (not literally) and I love those older suits. You can find them cheap and keep them running for forever with tender loving care.

That said, my 10 year old dive rite is now my backup suit, and I got a great deal on a used Santi. It has similar issues regarding the cut, being not exactly perfect, and I don't think the fabric will last as long, but the seams are better done. Generally, you want to find a used suit for $250 if it needs a zipper and any other alterations, or $500 if it just needs seals and no other alterations, dive it for 2-4 years, then rinse and repeat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom