Deep Six Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghost95

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello all.

I was wondering if anyone here has much experience with the Deep Six "rock" style boots.

I have a large and kind of wide foot (10.5 eeee dress shoes, larger running shoe) and my feet tend to cramp when they get bound up from the sides.

Anyone with but wide feet use these? If so, how did they run in size?

Thanks.

While I haven't tried these, I also have fat feet and typically wear a 10.5 shoe...really like the bare boots though, I found them to be relatively wide and comfy.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B8W4SXR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_8flcFbRPN3ZG7

Those are the ones I got... My recommendation, if you're going to consider them, find a prime retailer that allows returns, order them, and if you don't like them, send them back free... Because I tried on the 10s which I thought would fit, but had so much room in the toes... Just my thoughts

While I haven't tried these, I also have fat feet and typically wear a 10.5 shoe...really like the bare boots though, I found them to be relatively wide and comfy.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B8W4SXR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_8flcFbRPN3ZG7

Those are the ones I got... My recommendation, if you're going to consider them, find a prime retailer that allows returns, order them, and if you don't like them, send them back free... Because I tried on the 10s which I thought would fit, but had so much room in the toes... Just my thoughts
I went with the size 9 btw, thought the link would show that, but didn't...

My feet are on the wide side. I went with a size 11 (depending on the shoe manufacturer I wear a 10.5 give or take half a size) for wetsuit diving. If I understand correctly, for dry suit diving, you want to go up 2 sizes. That's what I did when I got some Converse All Stars for boots.

Hello all.

I was wondering if anyone here has much experience with the Deep Six "rock" style boots.

I have a large and kind of wide foot (10.5 eeee dress shoes, larger running shoe) and my feet tend to cramp when they get bound up from the sides.

Anyone with but wide feet use these? If so, how did they run in size?

Thanks.
These?
Deep 6 Thick Boots
pa221560.jpg

I have 9ish wide feet and ordered them in 10s to use with my Fusion drysuit (has shell-material "socks"). Even with just regular daily socks, they were uncomfortably narrow (yet still too long) for me and I had to return them. It is a shame since they seem to be an awesome boot at a great price - just unusually narrow.

For drysuit, I have a pair of Altama Maritime Assault Mid Boots in 10.5-WIDE (Altama Boots | Altama OTB | Tactical Boots) on order to try instead. No integral thermal protection, but I can use neoprene-socks over the shell and/or layer inside. There is a good amount of chatter on SB about these if you do a search.
altama_333051_multicamblack_otb_assault__87338.1564325962.386.513.jpg

For wet, I have (but have yet to dive - CV-19:mad:) a pair of the SeaSoft Stealth (SEASOFT STEALTH™ 6 mm Booties - Booties) hi-top booties. With just enough length, they are a shade narrower than I'd prefer, but have yet to find a truly wide boot.
stealth-boot.jpg

I bought some hoping the flexible uppers would accommodate my wide feet. They aren't even close.

I have tall arches, so a lot of my shoes are a wide size -- don't actually need the width, but it increases the volume such that the shoe will accommodate my tall feet. My favorite shoes are 9.5EE for example. If your feet are like mine, then both the D6 boots are great. I use the D6 rock boots in size 10 over bare feet, or the D6 3mm booties in size 11 over thin socks + compressed neoprene socks built into my drysuit.

If your feet are actually wide, then I can't recommend these, sorry.

I have tall arches, so a lot of my shoes are a wide size -- don't actually need the width, but it increases the volume such that the shoe will accommodate my tall feet. My favorite shoes are 9.5EE for example. If your feet are like mine, then both the D6 boots are great. I use the D6 rock boots in size 10 over bare feet, or the D6 3mm booties in size 11 over thin socks + compressed neoprene socks built into my drysuit.

If your feet are actually wide, then I can't recommend these, sorry.

Wouldn't something like the 11s on 9 feet be really long? Like wearing clown shoes...

If your feet are wide, DON'T buy my boots. They are very much a D width and not forgiving of a wide foot.

Wouldn't something like the 11s on 9 feet be really long? Like wearing clown shoes...
If you're talking diving wet, they'd be too long. If you're talking diving dry with a good amount of stuff between your foot and the bootie, maybe, depends on your foot. Like I said, I wear 9.5EE shoes, and the size 11 3mm booties fit great with a thin ski sock under the compressed neoprene sock that's built into my drysuit. If I put them on my bare feet, yeah they feel like clown shoes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom