Dreaming...Anyone know of any good dive deals in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just pre-purchased a dive and stay package from Deep Exposure for a future date TBD for 7 nights hotel and 5 days of diving for $675. They are offering other discount packages too.
Thanks!! That sounds awesome. I will have to check them out! Appreciate it

Canadian dollar CAD = 72¢ USD = 17 MXN Pesos.

good exchange to the peso doesn't help when the price is in usd. google has 1 usd = 1.39 canadian today. that is slightly better than it has been lately. but you won't get that at a bank here. they will add a little somethin' for themselves on top of that.

1/0.72=1.3888889 You are both correct.

1/0.72=1.3888889 You are both correct.

thx for understanding the arithmetic.

hopefully the peso will stay low and the cdn dollar rebounds against the usd so we can afford to take advantage of some of the upcoming deals. otherwise we won't be travelling anywhere. we would love to get back to coz in the fall for the turtle rescues again.

believe it or not, i remember travelling to florida one year when we were paying around 55% exchange. lets hope that never happens again. OY !

thx for understanding the arithmetic.

hopefully the peso will stay low and the cdn dollar rebounds against the usd so we can afford to take advantage of some of the upcoming deals. otherwise we won't be travelling anywhere. we would love to get back to coz in the fall for the turtle rescues again.

believe it or not, i remember travelling to florida one year when we were paying around 55% exchange. lets hope that never happens again. OY !

Don't forget you did have a bit of time where you could have paid about 0.80 Canadian for $1.00.

Don't forget you did have a bit of time where you could have paid about 0.80 Canadian for $1.00.

ya our dollar did good after the big crash in 2008 for about 6 or 7 years. but this is a whole different discussion. didn't mean to derail the thread. was just making an innocent comment about that deal that was posted.

good luck to you devileyedog. i hope you can manage to put together an affordable trip.

I'm so old that I remember when the CAD and USD were equal value. I visited then.

Now, they're not. They're both called Dollars and some Canadians whine that they're paying more, but the truth is that they are just different economies.

I'm so old that I remember when the CAD and USD were equal value. I visited then.

Now, they're not. They're both called Dollars and some Canadians whine that they're paying more, but the truth is that they are just different economies.

No, we just dislike it when foreign countries use USD to price things, rather than their own currency, pandering to Americans. Why should my diving in Mexico be at all affected by the USD? Unless I'm wildly mistaken, dive ops are paying their overhead in pesos. Shouldn't prices, in Mexico, be impacted by inflation, or deflation, of their own economy?

No, we just dislike it when foreign countries use USD to price things, rather than their own currency, pandering to Americans. Why should my diving in Mexico be at all affected by the USD? Unless I'm wildly mistaken, dive ops are paying their overhead in pesos. Shouldn't prices, in Mexico, be impacted by inflation, or deflation, of their own economy?
My hotel books in Pesos, and if I asked my dive Op to price in Pesos - he would. It may not save you money as it might just be a conversion from USD to MXN. It's true that many of their expenses are paid in Pesos, but then many are also paid in USDs. It's complicated.

It's not pointless "pandering to Americans", it came from The Bretton Woods Agreement in 1944, where the US dollar was made the global currency standard, which made more sense than any other option, since the US emerged (for better or for worse) as the reigning global super-power. Without an international standard currency, you'd have a gigantic mish-mash of ever-fluctuating currencies, being used for huge international transactions, which would be a complete trainwreck.

Without an international standard currency, you'd have a gigantic mish-mash of ever-fluctuating currencies, being used for huge international transactions, which would be a complete trainwreck.
I saw that movie.

Back
Top Bottom