Can anyone ID two of these people?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is that drawing real? Two shipwrecks landing on top of one another?

No, I just made the whole story up. Not! :banghead:

THANKS! Your damn right it is!!!!:yeahbaby:
You have put your 'Secret Field Agent' credentials to very good use Capt. Wasson.:cheers:

Anyone know where he is these daze?
Still in the FLL area

Back to @Kay Dee's Instructor Class... How long did the entire course take? How many dives? How many class room presentations? Did you have to deal with pretend students? What were you allowed to teach after it was done? Did you ever have to kneel?

I'll give it a try, but that was 27 years ago after all. So "give me a minute to get it together and I'll try and pick myself up off the floor" (a bastardized / plagiarized Dylan line).

But no, it'll take me a bit to put all those pieces of that course back together again.

But if anyone knows Chris, or knows how I could get in touch with him, I'd love to touch bases as haven't seen him for what, about 25 years: but we had some great dives together, inc a very funny one while being 'Mounted' during our cave course (but that's another story, which I can remember like it was yesterday - i.e. way better than our instructor course actually - giving the ass chewing we got from Tom after that dive).

was this chris kohl ? book fame he has a bit of a lurid past not many know of.... real name chrispin Manfred kohl used to live in Ontario and was a teacher

No, I just made the whole story up. Not! :banghead:

Jeez rip my head off why dont you? You could have fooled me. That's pretty cool though. I will have to find the story behind those 2.

Here in the Great Lakes region we only have 3 sites like that. 2 ferries that drug one another down when they were hit by a water spout, a schooner barge and steamer sank pretty much on top of one another 30 years apart, and wrecks from the river that were towed out to the big lake and sunk on top one another.

Doesnt look like Chris Kohl, the author of a bunch of books on Great Lakes diving. I've lost touch with him and Joan. Last I heard they were still in Canada.

Here in the Great Lakes region we only have 3 sites like that. 2 ferries that drug one another down when they were hit by a water spout, a schooner barge and steamer sank pretty much on top of one another 30 years apart, and wrecks from the river that were towed out to the big lake and sunk on top one another.

There’s a pretty cool site in Guam like that. A German ship scuttled in WWI and a Japanese ship torpedoed in WWII. They used to be touching (the props of one touched the other), but aren’t after the props were salvaged. They’re still so close that you can touch one with your fin and the other with your hand.

hijack complete, back to the regular programming. I have no clue who any of those people are :p

Chris is Chris Cole
THANKS! Your damn right it is!!!!:yeahbaby:
You have put your 'Secret Field Agent' credentials to very good use Capt. Wasson.:cheers:

Anyone know where he is these daze?

Gents, no need for more speculation, as as Wookie said above, and I confirmed several post ago, it is / was Chris COLE from Florida (who lived somewhere in the Jupiter area at the time).

Jeez rip my head off why dont you? You could have fooled me.

Well, the moji was me banging MY head against a wall, not yours after all.

That is, why would you think I posted that drawing if it wasn't 'real'? :facepalm:
Anyway, sorry you took offense. :surrender:

That's pretty cool though. I will have to find the story behind those 2.
Funny Keys story, a guy took two girls and three guys on a maiden voyage to go dive one of the wrecks in the Keys. The guys went diving and surfaced to find their boat gone. Gone. The girls and one pocket dog were on a Coast Gaurd Cutter, as the boat had sunk while they were below. The boat was recovered and it was found that there was a missing hose clamp on the raw water intake. For a while though, you got a twofer on that wreck dive. I think Richie Kohler was doing some rebreather diving on the wreck when it happened.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom