D420! How about that?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warranty coverage questionable for grey market items.
This is true for some electronics equipment, but I do not think it could be a problem for Scubapro, which is an US-based company, with its main factory here in Italy.
The D420, in particular, is manufactured in Italy, so any items purchased worldwide will of course be imported from Europe to the final destination country.
I never heard of Scubapro not backing their products properly...
However, I know of many people who are not happy buying online, and this of course is a respectable choice.

:bop:

It's true. No parts for life coverage for SP regs or computers purchased out of the US. No warranty coverage in the US for items purchased out of the US. Don't like the policy? Similar for most other manufacturers. It is what it is. We've debated this many times on SB.

@buddhasummer or anyone else...
Not to deviate too far from the original topic but for a balanced piston first stage... does it make any difference if you rinse it while it's still under tank pressure? If it's under tank pressure should you cycle the purge on the second stage to move the piston and get more fresh water on the exposed moving parts?

Interesting stutter in the G260 between the two tests. Exhalation portion should be independent of the first stage, so that just shows the sort of variability you can get with the "same" regulator. Or maybe the particular ANSTI machine.

For reference, here's the ANSTI test for the Sea Hornet MK 6 teamed with a Command Air second stage from 1998 tested at 50.8 msw :wink:

Sea Hornet Command Air ANSTI Test UK.jpg

Will be nice is the hex adjustable knob can be changed to a normal hand knob eliminating de hex, so you can adjust in the fly with out tools, like you do with a G260
Cheers

I'll bet someone could 3D print on easily enough. Or just dive with an SS hex key always in it. LOL

The scootering issue was decided as a non issue later in the thread.

I must have missed that both reading and searching. How was it determined to be a non issue?
Edit... oops.... found it. However, @rsingler was that determined by the reg both in use as well as clipped off to the side/on a necklace? Would there be a need to switch it to pre-dive when not in use? Or would that all depend on factory setting vs. tuned up?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom