ANOTHER ALTERNATIVE FOR REBREATHER SENSORS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me know when you have them for the SF2.

Tell us more about the hydrophobic membrane. Is this proprietary for the AST? Will this prevent the PPO2 locking? I've had it happen to only one sensor, but it was disturbing.

We expect to have sensors for the SF2 by the middle of January (maybe a little earlier). Should have already been shipping them, but DHL lost boards and we had to have them manufactured again. Already have orders for them.

I have never seen an issue with hydrphobic membranes causing a problem. By "locking up" do you mean the sensor reading was not changing? If so, the only thing I can think to cause that would be the membrane itself being completely covered with condensation or possibly the membrane was not the correct value. If you have any further information, let me know and I will ask AST what might be the cause of that problem.

Are you using the actual JJ supplied ones JJ-CCR Oxygen Sensor or something else?

Why would you use anything other than the JJ ones?

Dunno, was just asking about this new sensor. Right now there are two types - AI and Vandergraph. I believe that the ones from JJ are Vandergraph, while the ones from Divegear Express are AI. I suppose that this would be a third option for a sensor manufactured for use in a JJ. I don't think that using the DGX sensors in the JJ is forbidden by the manufacturer...

Dunno, was just asking about this new sensor. Right now there are two types - AI and Vandergraph. I believe that the ones from JJ are Vandergraph, while the ones from Divegear Express are AI. I suppose that this would be a third option for a sensor manufactured for use in a JJ. I don't think that using the DGX sensors in the JJ is forbidden by the manufacturer...

Yes, now there are three options. I agree with Vandergraph supplying the JJ sensors and AI is making them for DGX. Don't think Vandergraph is the actual manufacturer. I say that because they were my Teledyne counterpart in the UK. And, knowing that Vandergraph provides some different sensors to RB manufacturers I noticed their sensor shells are quite different where most manufacturers have similarities in their shells (shape, color, etc.). That is done to keep mfg costs down. Using different mfgs would explain the use of the variety of shells.

Yeah, I had some issues with AI, Vandergraph seemed better, but not sure I gave the AI cells a fair test. Might me just me being a newbie...

Patrick, that unfortunately didn't help!
I need to know what the AST equivilant is for the AI PSR11-39-MD3 sensor and the same without hydrophobic membrane.
Since my SF2, even after rewiring, still uses the the reverse Coax connector the AST-14D1 will work on it.
So a threaded 10mv sensor with a male 3 pin molex pinout, and the same without the hydrophobic membrane.

Thanks,

Michael

Patrick, that unfortunately didn't help!
I need to know what the AST equivilant is for the AI PSR11-39-MD3 sensor and the same without hydrophobic membrane.
Since my SF2, even after rewiring, still uses the the reverse Coax connector the AST-14D1 will work on it.
So a threaded 10mv sensor with a male 3 pin molex pinout, and the same without the hydrophobic membrane.

Thanks,

Michael

Don't understand the reason for not having a hydrophobic membrane on an O2 analyzer since it will work. But the Teledyne R22S is a 3 pin Molex for analyzers and the AST-22D is the RB version of it.

upload_2019-12-24_20-6-35.png

The manual seems pretty clear to only use their own. Why bother with anything else?

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-24_20-6-35.jpeg
    upload_2019-12-24_20-6-35.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 63
Why do you think the manual says that?
Either to maximise income, or because they tested them with their own (or at least specified and branded) cells. Or a combination of the two.

PS, given the JJ ones work, why not just use them?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom