ANOTHER ALTERNATIVE FOR REBREATHER SENSORS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Patrick

Contributor
Reaction score
OxyCheq has been working with Applied Sensing Technologies (AST) in the development and testing of oxygen sensors for rebreathers and are proud to be their exclusive distributor in the diving market. AST began two years ago by two executives that have a combined experience of 60 years working at both Teledyne and AI in both manufacturing and design of oxygen sensors.

We should be shipping R22D type sensors in late November and shortly after we'll be announcing both male and female coax versions as well as a replacement sensor for the Analox O2EII. Additional rebreather sensors are also in development.

If anyone is interested of has questions, we can be contacted via email (oxy@oxycheq.com) or phone (850.482.0385).

Patrick
----
OxyCheq
www.oxycheq.com

Are these typical galvanic cells or some other technology?

You say "rebreather cells" incoming, but are those going to include a hydrophobic membrane?

Are these typical galvanic cells or some other technology?

You say "rebreather cells" incoming, but are those going to include a hydrophobic membrane?

Yes, they all have hydrophobic membranes and are galvanic cells and have performed quite well in the caves we tested them in.

Patrick

So what's the advantage over the galvanic cells that are already in CCR use?

One of the brave test pilots testing out the sensors has compared them to other sensors he has used in the past and present and has said this is the closest sensor to a Teledyne that he has dove. So, I think you will see very good performance out of them. Our goal was to make it as close to a Teledyne as possible since that was the target.

Patrick

Glad to see potentially high quality alternatives coming to market

Glad to see potentially high quality alternatives coming to market

And we are glad to be back in the market. We distributed a lot of Teledyne sensors in the past when they were still producing them for rebreathers and they created a void when that happened. We could have gone to other mfgs and had opportunities in doing so, but we did not feel comfortable. Nothing is worse than having sensors come back or dealing with complaints on them.

And we are glad to be back in the market. We distributed a lot of Teledyne sensors in the past when they were still producing them for rebreathers and they created a void when that happened. We could have gone to other mfgs and had opportunities in doing so, but we did not feel comfortable. Nothing is worse than having sensors come back or dealing with complaints on them.
I can imagine.

In 5+ yrs of CCR diving I have had 2 sensors fail prematurely.
One was an ISC sensor (I think made by Vandergraph but I'm not positive who makes what they are selling)
The other was an AI
The ISC cell had a perforated membrane and "failed high". It was replaced under ISC warranty
The AI was used up and low biased within a 4-5 weeks of installation. I threw it out and never bought an AI cell again.

Back
Top Bottom