recomputing n2 sat using different algos from existing computer data

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baggins_69

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
all the info you would need to calculate N2 saturation using any of the many algorithms in common use should be available in the data downloaded from any dive computer (depth profile, time, air consumption if AI etc)

does any dive software allow you to recompute your dives against different algos to see where you would fall after a set of dives on the various algorithms?

I understand some of the algos are proprietary, but the formulas should have been peer reviewed at some point and therefore should be able to be implemented...

all the info you would need to calculate N2 saturation using any of the many algorithms in common use should be available in the data downloaded from any dive computer (depth profile, time, air consumption if AI etc)

does any dive software allow you to recompute your dives against different algos to see where you would fall after a set of dives on the various algorithms?

I understand some of the algos are proprietary, but the formulas should have been peer reviewed at some point and therefore should be able to be implemented...

I started to write “the n2 saturation will be the same, it is the limits that count” but of course some computers model on and off gassing as at different rates. Mostly thou it is the limits that count.

If you want to see how anything other than Buhlmann or VPM behave I think you need to mangle you logs into the Suunto format and look at them in DM5. They are not a very complicated format.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom