OMS Slipstream Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RTC'83

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Is anyone using them, or has in the past? Wanted to hear some personal reviews. Considering them to replace the fins I bought when I started my open water training. Trying to be more efficient with my frog, helicopter and back kicking techniques.

I’ve used them for years, along with jets and several others.....still a great fin, especially for those kicks. If you want a very solid, well shaped fin that’s neutral (ish)....can’t go wrong with slipstreams.

Just like Scubapro Jetfins, with one difference - they are much lighter in weight.
If you are foot heavy in Jetfins, these are the fin for you.
Back when it wasn't clear that OMS was going to survive as a fin maker, I ended up buying 3 extra sets. Now I've got enough of them that I can lose a fin every 10 years for 60 years and still be comfortable.

Michael

I've got a pair. I use them when I'm diving wet. They're excellent fins. I've considered trying to move into DiveRite XL's for board shorts and a rash guard, but the Slipstreams work fine enough that I haven't even bothered seeing if the grass is greener.

very nice and comfortable fins!
If that fin shoe fits to your foot - it is great! Very sensitive to feel and control any minimal yours movements...
But.... if it is not equal to your shoe size or if you have XL fins... there could be a problem.
XL shoe has ugly shape near your foot fingers - it can shake left-right, and you will not get excellent feelings from that fins.
(I`d solved this problem too :) just melted aside and squeezed the inner space)
So - fins is great, but may require some manual adjustments :) rough adjustments with warranty loss...
here I described all process:
OMS Slipstream - overshoe rework
p1070091-jpg.455906.jpg

Ditto. Loved my Slipstreams until I got the Deep6 fins. The Slipstream footpocket seems to have been molded around a brick. Getting a good fit for me required thicker more substantial booties that I otherwise would have used. The ergonomics are just not great. The Eddy Fin has a much better footpocket and offers the same benefits.

i love my slipstreams for wetsuit diving. a little light for drysuit though. ive never had problems with comfort but i would recommend you add on a "tab" to the spring strap to make it easier to grab.

Is anyone using them, or has in the past? Wanted to hear some personal reviews. Considering them to replace the fins I bought when I started my open water training. Trying to be more efficient with my frog, helicopter and back kicking techniques.

RTC...

Of all the sub-components I've changed/tried/experimented with...OMS Slipstreams have been the one constant...powerful...and light because of the monoprene construction as opposed to rubber...foot pockets are very comfortable...mine are XXL for dry-suit rock boots...

Get the version with s/s spring straps...a little care/cleaning and proper storage...will last indefinitely...

W...

Back
Top Bottom