Air integrated SPG/Computer: left or right side?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Guys,

I have a Oceanic Proplus 3 dive computer; air integrated via hose. In this type of setup, do you route it to the left side (like an SPG) or to the right side (like a dive computer?). Does it matter? I'm currently routed to the right side, but feel like their are too many hoses on that side, between the under-arm 40" primary, necklace secondary, and computer. But I also feel more comfortable handling the computer and attached compass, so I'm still undecided.

Interested to hear others comments.

Given that you have a console+spg combo, then it should go on the left side instead of the right.

Which side to wear the DC (as well as which side to plug the tx for AI) is really a matter of preference. Whichever is your preference and more comfortable for you, then go with it.

Wrist / arm mounted computers typically go on the right so you can monitor your depth while adjusting your buoyancy with your left arm (e.g. venting gas from wing and/or drysuit on ascent).
Here is the thing the only dump on my Drysuit is on my left shoulder. My BCD has 3 dumps, one on the left and two one the right. I can’t vent my Drysuit with my left hand. In fairness I would put the computer on my right wrist if I didn’t have it on a console. I think the convention of having the SPG alway coming from the left is because a (primary and secondary) always come from the right. Having unnecessary hoses mixed in with your air sources could create confusion when a diver is trying to recover a lost reg.

I wear my computer on my left wrist and have SPG coming under right arm. Have probably dived this way for over 10 years, say 1200 dives. Has never caused a problem as I actually remember where they are located. Do whatever you want to do and is more comfortable for you.

I have a Oceanic Proplus 3 dive computer; air integrated via hose.
I think some of the answers here fail to consider the actual question.

I have the exact same setup. Assuming you are running a "Normal" recreational setup, as taught by PADI, there are already two LP hoses running from the right, (Primary/Octo) so the only real option is to run it to your left side. Where you clip it will depend on your BC setup.

My Mk25 has Primary / Octo running to the right and BC inflator / Computer air running left.

I'll qualify my answer with (I'm a complete newbie and may be missing something.)

For the record, my Zeagle Ranger has a bottom dump value on each side.

Back
Top Bottom