Night diving question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was night diving tonight and had two tarpon in hands reach of me continually cruising around. I was uncomfortable and ended the dive. My dive buddy was upset with me.
you should be discussing these issue with your buddy before dives really. No i don't think you are at fault. My buddy and I have a rule. Anyone can end a dive for any reason at any time. No guilt, no fault.

At fault for what? Calling a dive has nothing to do with your buddy it’s about knowing your own limits and if he can’t respect that then you may rethink the buddy situation.

if fault means responsible for the calling of the dive then yes
it is excepted practice there is to be no stigma assigned for calling a dive for any reason
those reasons are many and all well founded.

Absolutely not! You have an absolute right (and responsibility) to end any kind if dive at any time if you feel like it. Any buddy worth calling a "buddy" should be happy with your decision for a number of reasons.

Was this an insta-buddy or someone you have been diving with for a while? Makes no difference, anyone should be able to call a dive at any time for any reason, I'm just curious.

I think we have a consensus here...although there was a dude on my liveaboard last year who I bet he wishes he finished the dive early when the tarpons started to circle...

One big boy scooted by him and in one move, swallowed a brand new sola 3800 from his loctite arm on his GoPro rig..just took it right off in a second...on the first day :) the poor guy was inconsolable...it was basically a $750 dive for him :)

I think we have a consensus here...although there was a dude on my liveaboard last year who I bet he wishes he finished the dive early when the tarpons started to circle...

One big boy scooted by him and in one move, swallowed a brand new sola 3800 from his loctite arm on his GoPro rig..just took it right off in a second...on the first day :) the poor guy was inconsolable...it was basically a $750 dive for him :)

Omg I would have soiled myself! I didn't have a warm fuzzy feeling so I ended the dive

687132D3-ADCB-4A33-92EF-4EC274C029F0.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom