Hi :))))) New to this board but not to diving. Would love some help -Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funinthesun2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi Everyone!!:clearmask:
It is so wonderful to be in a group with like minded people who love to dive!!! I am planning a solo dive trip to Fiji in May and would love recommendations for a place to stay for someone without a dive buddy. I would love to dive, hike, snorkel, relax and just enjoy some beach time on outer island(s) of Fiji. Saftey is an important factor for me since I'm traveling alone :) I plan to use airline miles to get there. I have been looking at Qamea near Tavenui and Oneate (Astrolabe reef) not sure I can swing both locations. Any other suggestions? I don't mind current but don't want to dive fighting a current ie downward washing machine current- been there done that and don't like it! I would appreciate any help and insights!!!!!!!

Happy Diving :))))
Suzzzzzzzz

We highly recommend Nakia Eco Resort on Taveuni. Their dive operation is Taveuni Ocean Sports. No problem going alone at the resort or diving, It is like staying and diving with family. Any question, let me know, The TripAdvisor reviews are spot on.

Welcome to Scubaboard Suzzzzzzzz.

Stayed at Qamea 3 years ago and absolutely loved it. Only one dive had current. Stayed at Paradise Tavenui last year. Lovely place and excellent diving. One of my friends went with Ocean sports and said she really enjoyed it and it is closer than most operations to Rainbow reef . There is current on there but not too strong and that is why the corals are so nice

Thanks Julie!!! I will check them out. Happy diving!!!!!!!!!

Stayed at Qamea 3 years ago and absolutely loved it. Only one dive had current. Stayed at Paradise Tavenui last year. Lovely place and excellent diving. One of my friends went with Ocean sports and said she really enjoyed it and it is closer than most operations to Rainbow reef . There is current on there but not too strong and that is why the corals are so nice

Thanks jmark18. Did you have more of a preference of one resort over the other? I was looking at Paradise Tavenui too. You must like Fiji if you have been there twice :))))))))

I was in Qamea last year and stayed in Taveuni in 2015 where I dove with Taveuni Ocean Sports. Qamea's dive sites are pretty and easy. I got to dive in really small groups, often just me and the guide, and took my time to take photos. The best dive site we did at Qamea was Swirly Coconut and that had currents (hence the name swirly). Having done 11 dives at Qamea, I have to say, I prefer Rainbow Reef. If you have the time, why not split your stay for both places? You cannot dive Rainbow Reef from Qamea without a very high surcharge. The staff at Qamea is incredibly helpful. I was very much at peace there.

Back
Top Bottom