Anyone know good software to interface with the Aladin H?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robert Campbell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Love the computer, hate the software, (LogTrak). Like the Bluetooth download capability but the UI is flaky as crap. Anyone use the Aladin H with a good alternate app? Thx in advance.

-rob

If it is Bluetooth, check out Mac-Dive (if you are on a Mac) or Diving Log 6.0, or Subsurface. All of these programs are actively supported and will work with other dive computers too, so if you change brands you don't lose your logbook. I can't recommend Mac-Dive enough, but I have had excellent support from the Diving Log folks as well. I don't have personal experience with Subsurface, but I recently transferred a logbook to it just to check out the interface. Subsurface is free. The others are a nominal fee.

Do you use a Scubapro Aladin H with Dive Log 6.0? Dive log 6.0 doesn't seem to have a direct connect, (via BLE) to my comp. So far I'm only able to import in DL 6.0 via Logtrak and even that's not bring over all the info...

I presume Subsurface will interface with it. Try it out, excellent.

Do you use a Scubapro Aladin H with Dive Log 6.0? Dive log 6.0 doesn't seem to have a direct connect, (via BLE) to my comp. So far I'm only able to import in DL 6.0 via Logtrak and even that's not bring over all the info...
I've never even seen an Aladin H. I stopped buying Aladin computers with a Tec 2G that I used in gauge mode. I now have two Shearwater Petrel computers, but used SmartTrak for a lot of dives and then struggled with options getting my data into software that was actually supported. The conversion from Smart Trak to LogTrak was a joke. My application was more Mac specific, and after I switched to Mac-Dive, I used the Shearwater data with all of the details instead of Tec 2G data which was in gauge mode. I actually ended up going back and redoing my logbook with the Shearwater data for any dives that I had data for.

Love the computer, hate the software, (LogTrak). Like the Bluetooth download capability but the UI is flaky as crap. Anyone use the Aladin H with a good alternate app? Thx in advance.

-rob

FYI the Aladin H (Matrix) is just like the Aladin Sport Matrix, just without the *wireless* AI. You can download it using Dive Log (iOS) and DiveLogDT (macOS) using Bluetooth Low Energy.

Email us if you have any questions,
Janice

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom