Florida Cave Update?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi is Morrsion divable?
Jerry
I was there last week. River was up into the basin and the advisory against high bacteria levels was up. We went to Vortex to get wet instead.

For Morrison I always check this website:

National Weather Service Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service

Below 5 feet usually means good conditions.

upload_2019-1-21_6-53-56.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-21_6-52-43.jpeg
    upload_2019-1-21_6-52-43.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 115
Went to blue grotto, Ginnie Springs ball room and devils den this weekend...all open, very high water level and lots of divers, but fun just the same. Troy springs was still closed

Ginnie is getting back to normal with regards to flow. Conditions are great. Madison, Peacock, Little River, etc are all still blown out. Hopefully not for too much longer though. River levels are heading in the right direction.

With the heavy rain in the last few days, both the river and the water levels on the spring side of the tarp at Ginnie have gone up in the week that I've been here. It's causing minor traffic jams in the morning as everyone gears up on the steps because no-one can make touchdown anywhere else.

I'm glad to see that you haven't given up on cave diving. I had around 600 dives with doubles (mostly deco dives including Trimix) before I went the zero to hero cave route and it was the hardest 8 days of life. If I hadn't flown 5000 miles each way to take my course, I would have loved to split it into 2x 4 day couses with a year in between diving the caves in France. Thankfülly right after the course my Instructor and other cave divers took me along for around another 10 days of Cave dives so I could gain experience and become comfortable.
If you spend a while gaining experience in caves you will become a better diver for it
Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom