Any cave divers living near Lake Norman, NC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lobzilla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Shortly after I completed the full cave course, we moved to Montana and spent a little over two years hiking, hunting, snowmobiling, off-roading, long range shooting, etc. while my fins collected dust back East. Recently, we found a gorgeous mountain property in Western North Carolina and I thought that it was time to hang up the fins for good.

While selling my tanks, fond memories of cave country were rekindled by PMs like "Will send money tonight, getting ready for a dive at Peacock" and I thought there's gotta be another way.

Well, the PDRA quarry at Lake Norman, NC is less than an hour away from our house. In there are a lot of submerged attractions where lines could be laid and emergency procedures be practiced. There will be silt, possibly with some confinement.

If I can find someone who wants to practice/train seriously with me there, then I can justify a few trips to cave country each year because I would not need to spend most of the time on getting back to where I left off before. Spending a day or two with an instructor for a brush-up would probably be sufficient in that case.

I am also going to post in the advanced scuba sections but I would prefer to dive with someone who has learned the skills from a cave instructor and is familiar with what we can't practice in a quarry, i.e. flow techniques and other practical and psychological aspects unique to cave diving.

Please PM if interested.

Last edited:
I know this is a few months old but I’m hoping to take a cave class this winter or spring.. I’m probably about 2 hours to Lake Norman.
Would love to meet up sometime.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom