DSS (Deep Sea Supply)---Warning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any Pictures of this modern day flood? Not that I’m doubting you, but i do enjoy a bit of Construction Carnage. Plus you may need them for collecting on Destructive Deluge Damages. If you’re feeling like sharing, I’d also love to hear the recap of your conversation with your future neighbor, whom I do hope was quite reasonable and did not blame you for hitting an underground spring, disturbing ancient water spirits, and/or digging up his water pipes, as an excuse to avoid his moral and monetary obligations.

Maybe later, too busy to chase them now. I do have, on an old phone,(not sure where that is right now) pics of an excavator buried up to the cab, and the backhoe sent to rescue it buried up to the frame. All the irrigation in this area is via surface ditches and my neighbor modified a ditch on his property so it backed up and flooded and unused corner of his property and discharged over on to mine directly into the area around our improvements. I have since repaired the ditch (at my expense) and the site is dry, but it saturated the soil and made it unstable for months. We ultimately had to over ex about 1500 cubic yards and replace with rock and then put the struct fill back and recompact, but only after it dried enough to support heavy equipment. There has been too much water in the Carson Valley Since the winter of 2016-2017, lots of flooding, getting back to normal about now.

Tobin

Maybe later, too busy to chase them now. I do have, on an old phone,(not sure where that is right now) pics of an excavator buried up to the cab, and the backhoe sent to rescue it buried up to the frame. All the irrigation in this area is via surface ditches and my neighbor modified a ditch on his property so it backed up and flooded and unused corner of his property and discharged over on to mine directly into the area around our improvements. I have since repaired the ditch (at my expense) and the site is dry, but it saturated the soil and made it unstable for months. We ultimately had to over ex about 1500 cubic yards and replace with rock and then put the struct fill back and recompact, but only after it dried enough to support heavy equipment. There has been too much water in the Carson Valley Since the winter of 2016-2017, lots of flooding, getting back to normal about now.

Tobin
This would be an awesome thread, Very like The Chairman’s thread on buying and renovating a house in cave country, or building a new SCUBABoard Van for his business, and readers could follow the Building of this new facility through Renaissance of DSS. I know you will say that you are too busy, but think of it as a cathartic exercise in letting off steam at the end of each day about at all the things that inevitably go sideways in any building project. You don’t even have to read all the “Helpful Comments” or Sour Grapes Suggestions. Heck just try it for a couple days. It is EXACTLY appropriate to describe what goes into building a SCUBA business on Scubaboard, and all your customers will appreciate keeping up with your progress. Heck, paste the above text about the flood into a new thread as your first post and see what response you get.

Last edited:
Regardless, I hope he opens back up, or at least has a fire sale. I want an RB-40 wing for my SF2.

Love my RB-40 with my Meg. I've got a buddy waiting on the same thing. It's a great design.

Fortunately other investments have made it possible for me to engage in scuba and to live quite comfortably without ever selling another thing. Tobin

Doesn’t sound like you’re too motivated to rush back into the “money-pit” of SCUBA equipment manufacture. Don’t blame you one bit.

That you elected to use the word "victim" simply confirms your poorly concealed animus for all things DSS.

animism
EDict_Pron_Button

an·i·mism [ánnə mìzzəm]
noun
1. belief that nature has soul: the belief that things in nature, e.g. trees, mountains, and the sky, have souls or consciousness
2. belief in organizing force in universe: the belief that a supernatural force animates and organizes the universe
3. belief in existence of separate spirit: the belief that people have spirits that do or can exist separately from their bodies
[Mid-19th century. < Latin anima "soul"]
-an·i·mist, adjective noun
-an·i·mis·tic [ànnə místik], adjective
top_left_cnr
bot_left_cnr

You probably meant:

animosity
EDict_Pron_Button

an·i·mos·i·ty [ànnə móssətee]
(plural an·i·mos·i·ties)
noun

hostility: a feeling or spirit of hostility and resentment
[15th century. Directly or via French animosité < late Latin animositas "spiritedness" < animosus "spirited" < animus "mind, spirit"]
Word Key: Synonyms
See dislike.
top_left_cnr
bot_left_cnr

You probably don't care and only interested in planning how to attack the next person who disagrees with you.

Good Lord. Let it go.

Maybe we should add vocabulary to the reasons to avoid DSS.... What's next? Tobin's hairstyle or his favorite color?

This reminds me of those never-would-die NEDU/VPM threads with all their histrionics that revealed more about the posters than what the were posting about.

BTW, "animus" is entirely correct.

animism
EDict_Pron_Button

an·i·mism [ánnə mìzzəm]
noun
1. belief that nature has soul: the belief that things in nature, e.g. trees, mountains, and the sky, have souls or consciousness
2. belief in organizing force in universe: the belief that a supernatural force animates and organizes the universe
3. belief in existence of separate spirit: the belief that people have spirits that do or can exist separately from their bodies
[Mid-19th century. < Latin anima "soul"]
-an·i·mist, adjective noun
-an·i·mis·tic [ànnə místik], adjective
top_left_cnr
bot_left_cnr

You probably meant:

animosity
EDict_Pron_Button

an·i·mos·i·ty [ànnə móssətee]
(plural an·i·mos·i·ties)
noun

hostility: a feeling or spirit of hostility and resentment
[15th century. Directly or via French animosité < late Latin animositas "spiritedness" < animosus "spirited" < animus "mind, spirit"]
Word Key: Synonyms
See dislike.
top_left_cnr
bot_left_cnr

You probably don't care and only interested in planning how to attack the next person who disagrees with you.
Pedantic much?

BTW, "animus" is entirely correct.
Or even animosity, but not animism which is a belief in the supernatural.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom