Diving Off Pompano Beach FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJScubaDoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently took advantage of the sale price being offered on the Kraken 3500s and hooked them up to my existing stills rig to take the plunge into video. A few wreck dives and some reefs shots and this is the result. All in all the lights worked extremely well. I probably should have sprung for the 5000s, but honestly I think I'm better off saving the extra cash for a better camera option in the future as the image quality on my aging D7000 was not ideal. Wide angle was with a Tokina 10-17mm fisheye fitted with a red magic filter. I switched from a 60mm macro to a 35mm prime for "macro", as I found the field of view far too narrow with a 60mm. I have to say it all turned out to be a lot harder than some of the videos I see make it look! Granted this was only 2 days of diving (4 dives total), but stabilization was definitely a hurdle! Now I guess it's time to start saving for a better camera haha...enjoy!

One of the better videos I've seen in awhile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom