Hurricane Earl Results

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think anyone really has any idea how hard it blew during the storm. I was at Isla Bonita Yacht Club for the storm. We had turtle grass plastered to our second floor veranda window. The wind station down south on the island didn't seem to have any wind higher than about 50 if I recall correctly. I am quite positive that the winds were higher than that. My guess is that it didn't read accurately during the height of the storm. The winds were about 50 for a while before and after the height of the storm. Starting with the hurricane hunter not making its trip due to mechanical issues, it seemed that the weather forecasters were behind in predicting and measuring Earl. I am curious what Elbert has to say about this. I guess I made one too many hurricane season trips to AC and it finally caught up with me. It was an experience to be sure.

One thing for sure, Earl was BIG, if not so strong. We had trees trees down from Sittee River all the way up to Blue Creek, (Orange Walk). As the frigate bird flies, that's about 90 miles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom