For Sale Olympus Pen Mini Camera/Housing Macro Lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fmerkel- you are right on. I sent her the same directions last night. Sorry I beat you to the lens!

It's a nice macro. My wife has one. I'm using the stock lens w/ +5 diopter. It does have a few advantages, primarily being able to take it off when the situation warrants it.

I am considered a pretty decent diver for the underwater photography world. Can you tell me why I am seeing so many Oly PM-1/2 setups for sale on SB? I have an E-Volt E330 setup that I love. But, I am seeing a lot of these posts, and not quite sure why everyone seems to be selling their systems...?

Good Day,
I can only speak for myself and this set up for me was an impulse buy at a dive show. I like to dive and enjoy, not worry about my camera and how it works. For me, it involved more learning time than I was willing or able to invest. For someone like you who "knows what they are doing with a camera" it is great fun and enjoyable. Give me my Go Pro and I am a happy diver:)
I am looking at the Olympic Tough TG Tracker for my additional action camera--anyone have on? Simple fits in my pocket--easy.

I bought mine here used. I think the reason there are so many is for a couple reasons- The systems were promoted on sale for a very good price when new so I think there are a lot of them out there. There was a rapid succession of model changes by Olympus and I believe many people upgraded to the newest/best. And it it very much like using a DSLR in how it works so may have been above the effort level (like Dive More pointed out above) versus a more point and shoot type camera.

That said I am enjoying my older version and expect it will hold me over for a couple years, especially with the new lens.

Yup, what merxlin said. I have an EPL-1 and 3. I flooded a Canon G9 and it was only a little more to upgrade to a 4/3 system + housing as to replace a USED G9. Much better system to boot, much. You get a lot of camera for your dollar.

As you go up the line or branch off you get or lose features. IMO I think Olympus should concentrate on making fewer models and put more emphasis on quality. They end up periodically dumping older models as new ones come out. The line-up is positively confusing, and mostly unnecessary.

That said I am enjoying my older version and expect it will hold me over for a couple years, especially with the new lens.
One of the best photographers I know uses an EPM-3. That 60mm is an outstanding lens. You WILL need a good focus light.

I am considered a pretty decent diver for the underwater photography world. Can you tell me why I am seeing so many Oly PM-1/2 setups for sale on SB? I have an E-Volt E330 setup that I love. But, I am seeing a lot of these posts, and not quite sure why everyone seems to be selling their systems...?

Just sold 2 sets PM1 with housings, (only have one tray+ one tray with arms()UL)+ a flipadapter for the Oly housing left :)
The reason for selling them is that my wife and I are upgrading. Bought ourselves the EM10 last year, and she especially love the dials for shutter/exposure better....
We have now bought Meikon housings, which seems about the same quality as the Olympus ones. We mainly shoot macro with the 60mm, and have modified the housings so the 60mm will fit(thanks to Bill Libecap).
Nothing wrong with the PM1's, they are really great cameras, and especially for the price they where offered when we bought them. We have captured some really good shots, and also some videos with this setup.
I don't think the photos will be that much better with the EM10, but it's a newer camera= more possibilities(e.g.faster shutter sync).
I will miss the PM1 a bit, as I also have a ZEN port for Oly, but I will keep in case I will upgrad again later.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom