Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BHB-201605219995.jpg

BHB-201605210093.jpg

Sundials Everywhere!
Spawning and laying eggs

BHB-201605210108.jpg

Lots to see.
Vis has been 20 ft and water 82.
Quite a bit of current up to half an hour before peak high tide

nice pics. Good seeing you on Thursday!
Oh, went today. Found what you were looking for on Thursday.

Reactions: MB
Hey all!

My wife and a few friends are planning a trip to Riviera Beach July 15-17th. Most of us have dove Blue Heron before, but just the basic area where the chain, shopping cart and old boat are located. We haven't got to see anything else. I was hoping for a night dive, but it looks like Force-E is having them before we come and after we leave. I was wondering if any of you locals would be willing to take us around Blue Heron to get the most out of our dive days. Looks like one of the days both high tides are within times that the park will be open so we may be able to get two good solid dives in. As of now, it will be me and 6 others, maybe 7 or 8 total. Please let me know so I can get with you. When we usually come down we try to dive the bridge, hit a few restaurants/bars and always go to the Spearmint Rhino in West Palm Beach! I look forward to hearing back!

-Sapp

Friday 7/15 HT @ 6:01 pm w/sunset at 8:15
Sat 7/16 HTs 6:05 am (too early w/sunrise at 6:36 am) & 6:51 pm
Sun 7/17 HTs 6:56 am (doable, but quite early) & 7:38 pm.

Park is theoretically closed at sunset and opens at sunrise. All your evening dive times look good, but morning dives are problematic. Sunday is doable, but plan the dive to hit under the bridge first, then drift with tide out to the snorkel trail for the balance of the dive. Most people say to hit the water an hour before HT. To me, it depends on how long you plan to dive. Two hours on an 80 - yeah, an hour before HT works. I adjust time earlier from there. If you get 2 1/2 hrs, then head in an hour and a half before HT. You want most of your dive to be in the clearer incoming water, not the outgoing water as vis typically drops. Plan accordingly, hitting the snorkel trail while the current is still running, then drift towards the bridge spans about an hour before HT.

For those who wish to just snorkel at the park, what is the average depth in just the swimming/snorkeling area? Can you still see some nice subjects?

Yes. Check out the snorkel trail. Depth up to 10 ft, but mostly less than that. Plenty to see. Swimming area is even shallower and lots to see there also.

The divediva dove BHB Friday thru Monday and reports lousy viz today 3-5 ft with green water and 79-81 degrees--they saw a lot of stuff anyway!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom