Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went again today and the shallows at McKenzie Bight have cleared up nicely. I could see maybe 30' in the shallows and it cleared to maybe 60' visibility all the way down to my max depth of 115' deep. I swam out to the left. Some other divers went out to the right and they said it was hazy below 60' deep.

Visibility at Henderson Pt. today wasn't that great. The top 10-15' was a layer of milky freshwater. I had to feel my way out by hand. I could see maybe 2' here. Below that it started to clear and below 30' deep, visibility was maybe 20-30'. I went down to 120' deep and it might have been slightly clearer down there, but it was hard to tell in the darkness.

50 to 60 foot vis at Madrona this morning. Would have been much better had the sun been out, and it wasn't snowing :eek:

Divegoose

Vis at Tyee was 40-50 feet, kind of hard to say for sure given it was night, but if it was better then that it wasn't by much.

Stayed pretty much the same to 150. To bad it wasn't the same as it was in October when we had nearly gin clear waters for a few weeks. Still better then it is in the summer though.

Regards

Steve

Vis was approx 50 feet at Tyee on Sunday (Jan 3rd). Wish the sun was out as it would have been much better :)

Divegoose

---------- Post added January 6th, 2016 at 04:08 PM ----------

Visibility was 50 plus at Dolphin Beach today. Even the wolf eel wanted to come out and play. :D

Divegoose

I had some great dives up in the Nanoose area today. At Park Place (between Dolphin Beach and Dorcas Point), it was the clearest I've ever seen in that area. I'd guess visibility was around 80'. Even near the surface, it seemed like I could see forever. I did another dive at Cottam Point. Visibility didn't seem as good as at Park Place, but maybe that's just because it was later in the day and the sun was lower. Visibility was still great there though. I'd say around 50'. I could see sea lions on the surface above me from 75' deep.

Back
Top Bottom