Who's going to DEMA 2015 in Orlando? Why are you going? What do you want to see?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi! I'll be there with dive masters Bob Defeo & Gil Olachea. We'll be at booth 1822 representing Rocio Del Mar and introducing our new vessel, Quino El Guardian. Come by and say hi!

Dora Sandoval

So....how is the show going? Any updates/pictures to share?

I was able to trace the elusive netdoc but he disappeared before I could snap a picture

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

2 days down, 2 to go, anxiously awaiting updates from the convention. Any news on the H3 AI, how about the new line of computers from Aqua Lung/PPS?

In other news... I'm hearing many people referring to this as the DEMA "Slow". If you have what the attendees want, there is no fear: you will be busy. If you have lots of prior connections, then again: you will be busy. If you're relying on traffic just to push people towards you though: it's not nearly as busy as previous years. Oh, I'm sure they will twist the statistics to make themselves look good, but the traffic is way down from last year and way, way down from Orlando two years ago. Even then, I don't have the stamina I need after contracting bronchitis last week. I'm down to my last two days of antibiotics but am finding that I have to sit as much as I walk. The doc last week told me it would be three or more weeks before I felt fully recovered and she wasn't kidding. This is brutal! I'm not seeing everyone I want to see and I apologize if I miss any requests because of this physical limitation I have at this time.

Bright point #1. When I get to them, the booths have time for me. It's nice that I'm rarely turned away. They know me, they know ScubaBoard and they're anxious to connect to you. I've been able to get lots of video in the can. Nothing long... just short spurts and highlights, but it's good.

Bright point #2. My new video/audio set up is working well. I'm shooting video with a GoPro 3+ which gives stunning video and crappy audio. So I added a Tascon 60D mixer/recorder to clean and capture the audio portion. I also went with a wireless lavaliere mic to pick up on my victim, er subject a bit better. So sure, I've had a bit of a learning curve, and I haven't done a bit of post on any of it, but I think I have some great stuff. Look for the vids to come out next week or the week after when I get home to my main PC.

I've been sworn to secrecy on a new Captain Joe Weatherby project. You might know him as being the only captain who keeps sinking ships and gets to keep his license. :D On the one hand he says to keep it under my hat. Then he tells me that loose lips sink ships, so talk about it as much as I can. I'm getting mixed signals here, but I'm going to spill it. The SS United States is up for grabs. Over a thousand foot long, this ship's future is in question. They want it as a museum, but the costs to keep her safe for the public would be astronomical. The ship yards want her for scrap, but that's a lot of history to grind up. Solution? Sink her! Put her down off the coast of Florida, all 1,000 ft of her. She'll have to be modified as she's tall at almost 300 feet. The thought is to take off the first deck and the smoke stacks and turn them into a museum and let us play with the rest. Cool huh? I think so, and you heard it here first. Sorry Joe and you're welcome! :D :D :D

1920px-SS-United_States.JPG

Reactions: mdb
Any SubGravity H3 AI updates/news? Guess I could wait to hear about it and find out at the rebreather demo next weekend, but I'm not patient. :D

Thanks for the info thus far. Enjoy the show guys and gals.

The SS United States is sitting up in my hometown of Philadelphia. It's a beautiful ship, if it can't be saved, I'd love to see it underwater in my 2nd home, SE FL

Back
Top Bottom